My Intro

Hydrochronic

Howdie fellow zoll bollz,

Been smoking for quite some time now. When weed was sold in match boxes and rooi baard was good weed and Durban poison came in pencils.

Have been growing out doors here and there and what I mean by that is find a spot have a slow boat, pop some seeds and hope no one finds it.

Now that it is legal to grow.... I'm doing what any good South African smoker would do and grow some weed.... personal use obviously.

Happily married and father of another zoll boll.

Any way.......

Grow room is a 1.5 x 1.5 tent (Not finished yet)

Things still needed

• aquarium chiller
  • Flower Lights
  • Air scrubber

So in a month or two I'll be doing my first documented grow

This is how it looks so far

Tent-Full.jpg

Ten-Part.JPG

• Like 5

Howdy bud and welcome!

Ok looking good, so can you tell us about that nute setup system quickly?Looks like dwc with some sort of drain to waste?

Batista it is a 60liter RDWC with a 50mm inlet and a 25mm return to control reservoir using a water pump. Would like to upgrade it to 120liter at a later stage.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Batista said:

Looking good! Love the scrog , keen to see it fold out because I'm going to start with a scrog soon. I just did some light lst and lollipopping with my 8 week old autos 😄

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Looks like you will be scrogging before me as my tent still needs some hardware before I start growing (The plants in there are bag seeds and I'm only using them to test the system). I am looking forward to seeing some images of those autos :-thumbsup

@Batista Just a teaser, fitted the scrog last night but will be taking it down. I would like to modify it so that one can stack up to three scrogs above each other with out having to tie them down...... if that make sense.

scrog-install.thumb.jpg.659fbfcda5f548a04d35445b55d98ed7.jpg

Dry fitted the reservoir controller. This puppy should allow me to fill and drain the reservoir with only one hose-pipe. This weekend I should have most of the plumbing done.

dry-fit.thumb.jpg.947205ced8b336033a7bdebad3f982c7.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hydrochronic said:

Looks like you will be scrogging before me as my tent still needs some hardware before I start growing (The plants in there are bag seeds and I'm only using them to test the system). I am looking forward to seeing some images of those autos :-thumbsup

@Batista Just a teaser, fitted the scrog last night but will be taking it down. I would like to modify it so that one can stack up to three scrogs above each other with out having to tie them down...... if that make sense.

scrog-install.thumb.jpg.659fbfcda5f548a04d35445b55d98ed7.jpg

Dry fitted the reservoir controller. This puppy should allow me to fill and drain the reservoir with only one hose-pipe. This weekend I should have most of the plumbing done.

dry-fit.thumb.jpg.947205ced8b336033a7bdebad3f982c7.jpg

that res controller would have saved me so much ballache last night 🙂
great idea, may have t implement something similar, makes me want to rig up the main res too sommer

• Like 1

Things still need to be done.

Hardware still needed

• aquarium chiller
  • Flowering Lights HPS
  • Air scrubber

So I need some advise from the more seasoned growers.

I am now in the market for some HPS lights. My tent is 1.5x1.5m and at the moment I only have two plants. At a later stage I might add two more plants making it a total of four plants.

I am thinking of getting 400W Electronic Ballast per plant. So that will be a total of 800W for now and if I upgrade 1600W....... Hope the tent does not spontaneously combust. Having individual lights should make it more flexible and more control..................................Well I am hoping that this is the case.

OR

Should I get 600W for two plants.

the 400wx2 in 1.5x1.5 was my initial plan, 600 is a more balanced watt\lumen and as far as i  know the most efficient of the old school hid options

im running 2x 400w and a '360'w led in 2x2 for 4 plants and honestly feel like a 4th light would not be  amiss 

best case would be a gavita 750 in there imo, but non cooled hood adds a lot of temp considerations in a tent too small to optimally supplement co2

25 minutes ago, McB said:

but non cooled hood adds a lot of temp considerations in a tent too small to optimally supplement co2

There is no plans for co2 and the price for a gavita can't be justified. I'm just a regular old Joe growing for me and my wife. Not looking to be a Pro.

Regarding flexibility and control what should I get at the moment 2x400W or 1x600W ? or would efficiency out weigh control

• Like 1

Bare in mind. 2x 400w digitals will run you about 5k best case. Add Lamps, hangers and reflectors and your are very close if not at gavita pricing.
It's actually not that far a stretch.
I tend to get a little stuck on the concept of lighting the room not the plant. Hence my lights are high up and plentiful but 600w will do nicely across 2 plants

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk