Growing medium

45 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Hope I can get it in Bloem. Wonder if Builders have it.

6 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I need to go and have a look tomorrow. 

I did read it already someware thats why I am asking. Thanks for the response. 

I can get grow master at builders.

5 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Best option for a temporary fix. 40% Worm castings, 50% coco coir and a little (10%) perlite. Good for seedlings, and will buy you time while you decide which organic options are gonna work for you.

At Builders I can get Grow Master. 

There are no ready to purchase soils at any nursery suitable for Cannabis.

Your best bet is really to get a bag of freedom farms couriered to you, or mix your own. 

I use nursery potting soils as my carbon and potassium base(has a lot of ash in it.). Then it only makes up 30% of the entire soil recipe.

How do you want to grow you should ask.

Soil = caring for a microherd of bacteria and fungi(Ie feeding the microbes and they feed the plant)

Soiless= coco and perlite. You have to control the nutrients and feed often and acturately which involves EC and pH meters.

Hydro = same as soiless except the medium becomes only nutrient solution.

Edited by Totemic

Garden master is even worse than Culterra lol

Your best bet is as Totemic says. Call up all the nurseries in Bloem and find who stocks worms castings(vermicompost), cocopeat(peat moss is also good) and perlite and mix those together. If you dont come right with that its time to order online

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420SA said:

Call up all the nurseries in Bloem and find who stocks worms castings(vermicompost), cocopeat(peat moss is also good) and perlite and mix those together. If you dont come right with that its time to order online

If you don't come right with the ingredients needed then you  need to get the fuck out of that town bru and come down to CT. LoL. It shouldn't be hard to find. You might end up paying more than other guys but once you get it your on your way and trust me you will find ways to get your plants the love they need. 

But yeah dude, Calterra is kak. 

Smelly

18 hours ago, 420SA said:

Garden master is even worse than Culterra lol

Your best bet is as Totemic says. Call up all the nurseries in Bloem and find who stocks worms castings(vermicompost), cocopeat(peat moss is also good) and perlite and mix those together. If you dont come right with that its time to order online

Tx for your info.

15 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

A recipe from @Green Leaf Organics

Basic mix:

Coco coir 

Worm castings

Soil

Perlite 

Mushroom compost / kraail mix 

Kelp meal

Bonemeal

Rock dust 

Lime 

Mycoroot 

Can't get easier than that

Tx for your info Should not be a problem.

19 hours ago, Jacques said:

Hi which potting soil from cultura can I use for repotting my seedlings. 

Have wrongly used compost with only perlite. 

Help is welcome.

Tx all for your info. Should get something that will work in Bloem. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By afternoon blazer
      What up growmigos
      So got abit bored and wanted to do 1 last run before the year is up.
      Gona give the autos a break for now.
      STRAINS
      Regulars - Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze (5) shout out to @Totemic
      Feminized - White Rhino (5)
      Bag - OG Kush (3)

Started off in small pots. Was all i had.
      And due to this not being an auto run, they would need transplants later on. ( i wanted to start small and then select the best babies to be transplanted.)
      Due to the unpredictability of the bag seeds and the regulars i decided to pot a few and see which will be worthy of a transplant.
      Im going to try and keep them outdoors for now. As my grow box currently has the Mixed auto run.
      If sprouting and growing goes well. I will then put them in the grow box and let the autos grow outdoors. (The autos havnt started flowering yet, so waiting on that)
      Seeds poted today. So first watering should be in a couple of days. Weather is bleek this week so pots not drying up too much.
      ✌😉

• By afternoon blazer
      Howzit fine people.

Next run on the go.
      Next seed supplier on the hit list "Groen seeds"  . . . They had a special on that i couldnt resist.

So apparently these are autos. But unknown strains. They had a bag of 5 autos for 100 bucks.
      I also ran out of pots. So had to make a plan. According to my estimates. They are in 12 liters of soil. And the small pot is a 8 liter.
      Potted on thursday morning. 14-10-20
      Freedom farms soil. Biobizz nutez.

• By Gnarls
      Hey all
      Finally got my beans in the ground. My goals are are potency, flavour and yield and my setup is as follows:
      Outdoor on my balcony Strains - all Dutch Passion and bought from Trophy Seeds. 2 x Auto Blueberry 1 x Auto Orange 1 x Auto Daquiri Lime Medium: Freedom Farms Premier Organic Mix - the green bag Pots - 7 gallon Grow Guru fabric pots Nutes: Full Biobizz Line All seeds were germinated using the cotton pad method. One of the Blueberries took some time to show a root and it's currently in it's pot. I'm still waiting for it to break soil. I'm just misting with water and I've added about 2,5 ml of coconut water to the mix. 
      Day One - 27 September 2020
      Cheers

• By Onion
      GERMINATION: My first three seeds went into baggies on the evening of 9th September. The first popped on 11th and the remaining two popped on 12th. They are in cups in Western Cape coastal, mountain soil, and the first has popped it's cotyledons. The remaining two look set to pop cotyledons later today or tomorrow.
      The weather is now suitably above 13 degrees most of the time, so the sprouts will be able to metabolize. Spring has sprung and new leaves are starting to show all around the garden.
      Of our local landraces, I favour the Transkei. It has a beautiful clean high, creative, sociable and euphorically energizing. I am hoping to do a comparative grow with a different batch of Transkei origin seed and if I get lucky I might get a male out of this grow. I have tried harvesting pollen and it is not easy for me, but I hope to get it right this season if I am lucky enough.
      I am going to grow in the dark loamy soil in the garden, which is on a mountainside overlooking a bay. I am strongly considering Hugelkulture with some homemade amendments. I will take some Myccorhizae samples from the fynbos and inoculate my soil before transplanting. Last season I developed my own basic kasteel combo bug control juice, which I will treat the leaves with as a preventative measure. I will feed with Lactobacillus, kelp, castings and chicken poop. I will also mix in some bokashi bran when building my pile. If I can get hold of a small quantity of alfalfa pellets I will mash some of those in too.
    • By Ill_Evan
      Sjo howzit. 
      I'm ready to share what I've been up to since the last grow. Right from the get-go, I know this setup has flaws. I've got two different kinds of lights, three different strains and two different growing methods. 
      I'd like to say this is on purpose but honestly it just kinda happened. Somewhere between an upgrade and circumstance I've now ended up here. 
      I've decided I am going to do one last hoorah with DWC, going back to my roots from when I first began growing and also use the HID lamps I've had tucked away since acquiring my LED. I really like DWC, it's hellah fun and technical. I just love the amount of control you have with it. However I really want to do a serious ScrOG attempt next and the last time I did a ScrOG it was with DWC and couldn't even finish that grow 😓 
      If not DWC with a ScrOG, what medium to use then? I've never grown in a solid medium before so I'd have to learn soil/coco. 
      So I decided to throw in a couple plants in Freedom Farms Premium Classic and have them grow in the space I had left in my tent aside from the DWC setups, so that I am not a complete n00b when I do the ScrOG.
      Did I mention I got a bigger tent? I am now rocking a 1.2x2.4x2.05 meter tent and oh boy, I think a ScrOG will do just super.. but that's next time.
      Why waste time and not just do the ScrOG now? Well, I've got some very nice seeds on the way (enough time for another grow) and I'd like to create a mother from that pack of seeds and then use clones from the mother to fill the ScrOG. I also do not feel like my previous DWC grow was very good either, so I want to get a solid one in before dumping the buckets. 
      The plan is to do 4 DWC cooler boxes, same design as before. They will have 250W MH to veg and 400W HPS to flower. The ladies in the DWC will be mainlined into 8 queen colas each and I am going to be extremely aggressive on the defoliation. No kak cheap branches this time with poopy airy buds. I want 24 thicc and solid queen colas that look like the Grinch took a shit on my desk.. multiple times.
      After setting up the 4 DWC systems I couldn't help but notice that I had a third of my tent unused. I had already gotten a few extra things to expand my HID lamp setup to accommodate the increase in DWC buckets and number of plants, so I don't want to invest in more HID power. I want to keep the power below 1000W in the tent, I don't think anything more is necessary for what I'm doing. Although I have my 250W LED still, so I decided to just throw that into the tent in the unoccupied space and do two plants of the same strain in soil to learn the ropes. 
      The two plants in soil turned into five plants.. during the propagation stage one seed didn't pop, so I decided to pop more seeds to compensate and got a little paranoid and decided to pop more than necessary in case some didn't germinate.. they all germinated. So now I have five plants in soil, 4 of which are the same strain, 1 is a very long flowering strain. Once again I have done this to myself, putting different strains with different flowering times in the same tent. 
      But mama didn't raise no simp so imma let them finish as is. 
      But bro why not use the 80x80x180 tent you have sitting empty now? It's way too cold to veg under LED and no heating. The beauty of HID lamps in Winter is that you get your photons and a comfortable temperature in your tent all in one! So I've just put the soil plants under the LED in the same tent so they can share the heat. I did however add a small heater with a Sonof switch just to help the temp with the dips at night and these wacky cold fronts. Also because of the different flowering times I can then use this smaller tent as a drying tent as a harvest. 
      Even better, if the 5 soil plants get too big in their corner I can just take a few outside to flower 😎
      Strains!
      DWC: Pink Mango Gelato - Green Smoke Room Seeds

Soil: Aurora Indica (1) - Nirvana Seeds

Skywalker OG (4) - Nirvana Seeds