LEAVES BROWN AND CRISPY

greenteam

Hi Guys, I have 6 Plants outside they were doing really well, but the leaves have started browning at the tips and getting crispy. the growth of the plants has slowed down alot.

I am growing in coco coir mixed with some perlite. I am using bio buzz nutrients and mix 5ml with 5 litres of water.

I have attached a picture 

What do you think is causing this? Is it possible to save my plants?

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

weed.jpg

What happened before this started??? 

Did you feed them all the same cause I'm seeing same issues with all of them. A nice flush and start feed at 1/4 strength is a good beginning to get rid of any build up in the soil.

I know with Bio Bloom they say to feed with every watering but I still give it every 2nd feed and alternate with my aact brews. 

I am also doing a grow in clean coir and is currently using seagro and aact but will be using Bio Bloom once flowering starts. 

Ps: is that the spot they stand permanently??? 

Edited by Smelly Joe
  • Like 1

pics a bit fuzzy, but looking at the leaves, it appears to be affecting the lower leaves more, i would say it could be a nute issue rather than heat, heat would affect all the leaves or the top leaves more

I would flush, and start feeding every 2nd day, my 1 sativa is very sensitive to the nutes had to dial the feeding way down

• Like 1

I would say it's nute burn with with a slight N deficiency. Go to hydro store and get some of this stuff and flush the ladies.... 

IMG_20181229_072655.thumb.jpg.7a4a31d4b44141e1e3ef32657967b93b.jpg

I understand why @Trailblazer420 asked about the heat. I would move the plants if possible because:

White Wall + Stones + Summer Sun = Very hot and crappy conditions for the lady 

It might be that the sun damaged some of the leaves as well. 

its quite difficult to say for sure, looks like the leaves are curling on to themselves slightly which could indicate a bit of over watering

with the coco coir/perlite, I wait until the top layer if dryish, if I press it between my fingers very little moisture should be left

overwatering can also cause nutrition issues, as the roots wont absorb the nutrients effectively

also when you are feeding, are you getting sufficient run off?

Edited by killerx

• 2 weeks later...

@killerx @Smelly Joe 

Hi guys, Just an update, I bought cal mag and mix about half a teaspoon with 5 litres of water at a time. Its been about 9 days since I started watering them with cal mag.

I am not sure they are getting better. Do you guys think they will make it? Should I start feeding with Nutes? 

I have attached some more pics. 

I am wondering weather just to grow in soil as I am going to have an indoor grow. What do you think?

Thanks for the Help

thumbnail_IMG_9657 2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9658 2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9660 2.jpg

That is not nute burn... that plant is starving. It's in an inert medium being given extreamly low dosages of nutes... that's what happens to a starving plant . Biobizz recommends 2-5ml per L , you giving it 1ml per L in an inert medium . Give you poor girl some food , start at 3ml per L. 

Edited by Green Leaf Organics
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

That is not nute burn... that plant is starving. It's in an inert medium being given extreamly low dosages of nutes... that's what happens to a starving plant . Biobizz recommends 2-5ml per L , you giving it 1ml per L in an inert medium . Give you poor girl some food , start at 3ml per L. 

Biobizz in coco/perlite mix, nit sure if that'll work as expected. I know they have a range specifically for coco, the normal range is for soil.

• Like 1