Quantum Board (QB) Vs Chip On Board (COB)

Hansom1

QB VS COB  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your Preferance.

6 hours ago, Toby said:

Great light. more specs, please? 

What are you doing with your 800s now?

3500K spectrum with mixed reds,  800 true watts dimmable, what else do you want to know?

My 800's are running in my other tent, I have a 2.4X1.2 tent and a 1.5x1.5 going.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i called growopz the other day. dude answered sounded half asleep, couldn't even tell me what bin it was they use. anyway, after im guessing a quick google search, mailed me back and said CD bin. Ok not bad, thats just a catalogued chip, true top bins are not catalogued and are reserved for the likes of spectrum king, optic and those who have connections at the factory... As for RS components, they don't even stock the CD bin, so yes, cheaper to build yourself but it will be nowhere near Apollos output...

Happy smoking and peace out guys

2 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

This looks like the future. Changing spectrum and intensity from your phone. 910d797d31d335c88253665e7e1528f7.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Wifi controlled lights have been out long before ScynceLed came into the picture, but their lights are very nice. I'm waiting for pricing on two Raging Kush's.

Edited by greenkush

Wifi controlled lights have been out long before ScynceLed came into the picture, but their lights are very nice. I'm waiting for pricing on two Raging Kush's.
Would like to see what those can do. I was quite impressed by these lights.

1 minute ago, SkunkPharm said:

They look good and the fact they run their lights through goniospectrophotometer is also reassuring, my only concern is there is not much technical data sheets on the types of diodes used (not the temperature).

This thread has been cleaned up. Drifted light years away from the point of this topic. @Apollo Flux and @growopz you guys can settle your differences elsewhere. If you want to punt/promote or try to make light that your products are better than anyone else's you can do that through the advertising channels just like others have to. Otherwise let the members here decipher for themselves and report back to the forum.

Education is good but when you drag your products into your arguments you can consider those posts removed. Don't even waste your time

:-peace

• Like 1

This thread has been cleaned up. Drifted light years away from the point of this topic. [mention=1797]Apollo Flux[/mention] and [mention=906]growopz[/mention] you guys can settle your differences elsewhere. If you want to punt/promote or try to make light that your products are better than anyone else's you can do that through the advertising channels just like others have to. Otherwise let the members here decipher for themselves and report back to the forum.
Education is good but when you drag your products into your arguments you can consider those posts removed. Don't even waste your time
:-peace
Lol it was getting hairy.
Sounds like someone needs to do a af\go side by side grow and document fairly

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, McB said:

Lol it was getting hairy.
Sounds like someone needs to do a af\go side by side grow and document fairly

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Okay okay I'll take one for the team, already half way there, have a 240 from Grow Ops now just need the equivalent from Apollo Flux *cough* *cough* 😋

Okay okay I'll take one for the team, already half way there, have a 240 from Grow Ops now just need the equivalent from Apollo Flux *cough* *cough*
Oh gosh no we can't give this much inconvenience to you, however if you halfway there it's pretty much done right??

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just ordered myself 4 x 60w strips from Atreum with a 240w driver. I will use these to supplement the 315w CMH in my 90cm x 90cm tent. 

https://atreumlighting.com/collections/frontpage/products/ara-20-led-light-bar

They are the most efficient light MIGROW has reviewed on YouTube but I got them due to their shape lol

Edited by Dr. Green

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, KushNewbie said:

After 5 pages of reading QB vs COB I still know nothing more about differences and which ones I should go for 😂

Haha, I think it comes down to personal preference and what you'd like to achieve.

I am personally using quantum boards.

COB's have more light in a focused area, where Quantum Boards tend to have more of a spread and therefore is a bit more uniform. Also due to the design of the Quantum Boards heat isn't as much of an issue - not that heat is generally an issue with LED's to begin with - but it seems as if COB's tend to have active coolings where QB's are fine with passive cooling, the heat is spread over a larger surface area to begin with so naturally it isn't as much of an issue to cool.

I am very happy with my QB's and do not see myself replacing them anytime soon, if I need more lights at some point I will get more QB's without blinking an eyelid.

Guest Apollo Flux

Cobs work well all round . Specially in a case of spread and penetration where quantum boards lack as they are build for canopy spread. 3590 cxb cobs are pretty much fool proof and if you do a little more research you will find that they are able to not only offer the best penetration, with the right optics and reflectors they can be an extremely versatile product. Quantum board testing after a year is 30% loss of efficacy across the spectrum under color spectrometer. The CXB 3590 has almost hit 10 years running at 16hrs a day with only 10% loss on efficacy. There are new hybrid spectrum boards that use 100 watts that are matching the Samsung 300 v2 quantum board. These hybrids have proper efficacy targeting optics opposed to bubble covers . These Hybrids off not only canopy spread but penetration well beyond quantum boards . Better LED technology with new photo reds that crack their older generation of xlamps that quantum board has only introduced into their 550v. The photo reds in quantum xpe are at 186 lm/ watt . The new Hybrids are drivable between 200-800 lm/watt.  So Cobs definitely but Hybrid spectrum boards will change the game forever. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, Apollo Flux said:

Cobs work well all round . Specially in a case of spread and penetration where quantum boards lack as they are build for canopy spread. 3590 cxb cobs are pretty much fool proof and if you do a little more research you will find that they are able to not only offer the best penetration, with the right optics and reflectors they can be an extremely versatile product. Quantum board testing after a year is 30% loss of efficacy across the spectrum under color spectrometer. The CXB 3590 has almost hit 10 years running at 16hrs a day with only 10% loss on efficacy. There are new hybrid spectrum boards that use 100 watts that are matching the Samsung 300 v2 quantum board. These hybrids have proper efficacy targeting optics opposed to bubble covers . These Hybrids off not only canopy spread but penetration well beyond quantum boards . Better LED technology with new photo reds that crack their older generation of xlamps that quantum board has only introduced into their 550v. The photo reds in quantum xpe are at 186 lm/ watt . The new Hybrids are drivable between 200-800 lm/watt.  So Cobs definitely but Hybrid spectrum boards will change the game forever. 

30%? Please post the report. Perhaps you should notify Samsung, those diodes sound defective.