Rico88

What am i doing wrong?

Hey Guys. 

First time posting so please bear with me.

I'm having some troubles with my garden

2 x Dinafem Critical Cheese. 

1 x Lemon Kush (Bag seed) 

So i germinated my plants the last week of october. So they are currently in week 5-6 of Veg. See attached pics. As you can see they are extremely stunted. They have looked like this for the last 3 weeks. The smaller one even longer. Its looked exactly the same for 4 weeks. Very slow growth, Small new growth. 

Nutrients

Nutriplex Grow, micro and bloom.

Calmag 

I've been ranging between 300-500ppm. 

feeding PH 5.8... Run off PH 6.0

Feeding every 2-3 days. Flushed 2 weeks ago to rectify any build up.. didnt help.

Medium

Coco and perlite mixed 70/30.

From coco brick. I flushed twice and buffered in calmag for 12 hours. 

Please help. I really can't give up on this crop. 

20181218_080227.jpg

20181218_080221.jpg

20181218_080218.jpg

Edited by Rico88

If it was me I would decrease the pH to 5.8. Trim away the lower branches. Top them. Install a drip system. Water every 2 hours instead of every 2-3 days.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@SkunkPharm Thank you for the quick reply. I've also considered trimming away the bottom 3rd of the branches. To lower the PH to 5.8... I guess i'll try feeding at 5.6 then. I have a pump and everything so ill set up a drip system. Just one thing.. you say watering every 2 hours... Is that till run off? 

I water every 2 hours for 15 minutes. It starts 1 hour after the lights come on and stops 4 hours before lights out. If I had a digital timer I would water more often and for shorter periods. If you allow your medium to dry out all your micro organisms die. I amend my soil with microbes. It helps the plants to take up Nutrients and makes them a bit better at handeling pH issues. People may differ from how I do things but this works for me.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@SkunkPharm So i took off some of the lower growth and topped the 2 on the right. Lefty was topped two weeks ago and will hand water slowly 3 times a day until i get time to set up a drip system. Hope it works.

15451400070131899543161650928735.jpg

15451400659034396943733785871025.jpg

• Like 2

@Smelly Joe  Thanks for asking. The do look better but they are growing slowly. They are now 2 months from seed..

The

15464862807714472059036030125164.jpg

15464863572278935341023568772481.jpg

15464864921796124106575001337646.jpg

15464865156691607493990075863375.jpg

They are quite small for 2 months yeah. I am leaning towards root issues. But I could be wrong. I had the same issue a few seasons back. I just left it and it eventually came right. Others I tossed. 

I don't suspect they're going to grow much bigger than that. You could try a different nutrient maybe some fish emulsion.

I don't suspect they're going to grow much bigger than that. You could try a different nutrient maybe some fish emulsion.
I agree, maybe try adding some foliar feeds of something like kelpak and see if it doesnt boost them

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah i figured its the roots... I transplanted them into these pots a bit early. I let them dry out a bit a few days ago and after that they seemed to bounce back with more new growth in two days than in the 3 weeks. I've considered adding a fish emulsion or Kelpak but im not too familiar with it. I do have some Fulvic Acid from GtHydro but im quite new to foilar feeding.

• Like 1

If it was me I would start of with l a low dose of Kelpak until I see happy growth. Increase feed on a weekly basis and if/when plants looks super then add Seagro/Guano/Bio-Grow feed etc. Which ever one doesn't get you in kak smell wise with the misses or neighbours. Bio Grow doesn't smell so it's the obvious choice for indoor. 

But yeah man, keep us posted on them so that we can adore her fruits later. 

Smelly

On 12/18/2018 at 8:26 AM, Rico88 said:

Nutrients

Nutriplex Grow, micro and bloom.

Calmag 

I've been ranging between 300-500ppm. 

feeding PH 5.8... Run off PH 6.0

Feeding every 2-3 days. Flushed 2 weeks ago to rectify any build up.. didnt help.

Medium

Coco and perlite mixed 70/30.

From coco brick. I flushed twice and buffered in calmag for 12 hours. 

This is my current outdoor and she is in clean coir. I found that if I think about the stuff quoted above I tend to fuck up my grows. This year I just potted, planted and fed. My feeding is simple. Basic AACT and that's it. I have had 3 yellow leafs so far but that due to being hidden in the shade. 

When flowering kicks in I'll keep to my AACT but I'll exchange the Seagro with Bio-Bloom and Bio-Grow. 

Just my 2c

IMG_20181223_075627.thumb.jpg.4393e8fccb15feb1a18c530a3a22142a.jpg

• Like 1

@Smelly Joe Dude that's amazing. Thanks for the advice. 

The plants have bounced back a bit. I will try some Kelpak as i still believe the roots aren't 100%. I think ill then also go back to the biobizz nutes. They havent failed me in the past i just thought i'd give Nutriplex a go this round. 

20190106_070541.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Glad to hear the plants is getting better. I can see the new growth looks healthy. It's always a bad feeling when they suffer but when they bounce back, oh what a glorious feeling :yipeeee

27 minutes ago, Rico88 said:

I think ill then also go back to the biobizz nutes. They havent failed me in the past i just thought i'd give Nutriplex a go this round. 

If it ain't broken don't fix it........ Its a saying I've come to follow this past year. I always pop 2 or 3 extra beans if I feel I want to experiment with new ideas. That way I don't mess with my main grows to much. 

Edited by Smelly Joe
  • Like 1

Haha that feeling is pretty amazing. I'll upload some new photos in a few days. Thanks for the 2cents.  :-thumbsup

1 week later and everything seems back to normal. The critical cheese on the right seemed to stretch a lot more than the one bottom left. The leaves are also much smaller. 

I added some guanoflo a week ago and i think that hit the spot.

20190110_150110.jpg

Edited by Rico88

Definitely some good improvement man. Ladies are well on their way again. 

Sticking around to check this out

Okay so 10 days later and they are getting nice and bushy. Will wait about another week or so for them to fill out the scrog and then switch them to flower. 

PS. i ran out of rope when building the scrog so will buy some more this week and do it properly. 

20190121_053447.jpg