Seedlings fallen over

Zrubin

Hey, I started my first grow(gonna be outdoor) of 5 seeds about two weeks ago and the seedlings broke surface about 10 days ago. Everything was looking good up until today. They sleep inside at night and at about 10am I moved them outside into the sun and when I got home at 15:00, 3 of the seedlings had toppled over. Was wondering if this could be caused from over watering or heat stress or whether the seedlings didn't get enough light early on and have just stretched too much. 

Using standard potting soil and seeds of an unkown strain and have been watering daily with small amounts of water by spraying it on the soil around the stem.

The one stem looks quite damaged from toppling over but I used toothpicks to prop up the three of them and hopefully they recover. They are now back indoors in an area where they recieve sunlight(not huge amounts)

*The two seedlings that didn't topple over are the shortest however they also have a slight paleness in a couple spots*

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Edited by Zrubin

33 minutes ago, greenkush said:

If the tap root was exposed for long time to UV its unlikely to survive, if the main stem is broken, its unlike that it will survive either, that being said:

XpKoQIf.gif

None of the roots were exposed and onl one of the stems seem damged

If that's what they look like after you've topped up the soil, then it's more than likely wind that bent ur girls over.

They've gotten super stretchy looking for light. I would add more soil to support them & find a spot outside that gets the most sun.

I'm lucky, I have a spot in my garden that gets full sun from 8am till 7:30pm ,or whenever sunset is, and it's hidden from neighbors & other nosey ppl.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jimmy-z said:

If that's what they look like after you've topped up the soil, then it's more than likely wind that bent ur girls over.

They've gotten super stretchy looking for light. I would add more soil to support them & find a spot outside that gets the most sun.

I'm lucky, I have a spot in my garden that gets full sun from 8am till 7:30pm ,or whenever sunset is, and it's hidden from neighbors & other nosey ppl.

So you don't think it's due to the seedlings being too sensitive to the heat today because it is quite a hot day?

So you don't think it's due to the seedlings being too sensitive to the heat today because it is quite a hot day?
Not at all. As long as they dont dry out, they can handle fairly high temps. Depends on the strain too. I grow mostly sativas & they love the heat, but I also haven't had any problems with the 1 or 2 indicas I have wrt heat...

My biggest problem is mildew, whiteflies & the occasional bud worm. :(