Help Identify

Toby

Hi Guys,

One of the strains is showing some leaf discolouration. Not sure if is N deficiency or toxicity? It has a dark blue line running through it and become lighter on the edges. Image below. All the other strains with similar soil and watering regiment are growing as they should.

Please help and identify what the issue could be? Images attached. Plant in question on the left.

IMG_20181124_215952.jpg

31 minutes ago, CG420za said:

Maybe that strain is a heavier feeder than the other bru?

That's the thing Blue Dream is not heavy on nutes, based on pass grows.

39 minutes ago, greenkush said:

The plant on the left looks like its suffer from calcium/mg deficiency. 

Ill give it some Calmag+ with the next watering and monitor.

Thanks chaps

:-peace

Just now, CG420za said:

@Toby, i haven't used calmag since i'm growing in soil. I thought that was for use with synth nutes only. Just goes to show i'm still a noob :-hilarious

I won't use it in my regiment only as a problem solver. Don't want to be killing off precious microbes. I'm a noob myself.

The more you know, the more you realise how little you know.

Magnesium sulphate will only hurt you microbes in large doses . At the doses me use it's actually beneficial to use it . A lot of soil recipes actually put a cup of magnesium sulphate into the mix. yes that plant is suffering from MG def so magnesium sulphate would be better to use over calmag+ as you dont look like you need the extra calsium or nitrogen 

• Like 3

Foliar Epsom with Fulvic

5 grams Epsom to 1ltr, 3ml GTH Fulvic to 1 ltr.

Spray the underside of the leaves.

Do one ASAP, then again 3/4 days later.

But what has caused this? What you’re seeing is a symptom. You need to get to the root of the real problem. If it’s a problem now, then it’s gonna be a problem through the whole grow. Mg def means one of two things: too much Ca or Na or P in the mix, or pH out of whack. You need to sort the problem, then the symptoms will go away.

Edited by Budwizer
  • Like 2

Thanks, @Budwizer, I fixed it with Epsom and AACT over the week. Bounced back beautifully. Shot gents. :-greenthumb

My soil mix was a bit too rich, so I broke it down with equal parts, coco, ewc, my soil mix & perlite. Didn't add lime for the extra coco. I think that particular strain was just more sensitive to the deficiency. IMO. :poke

Ill monitor and Epsom salts as per @CG420za schedule above. Pic below a week later.

IMG_20181204_205943.jpg

• Like 5