Man arrested in Cape Town for dealing in drugs worth R900k | The Citizen

420SA

Does anyone know more about this story? Apparently they mistook grow nutrients, powders etc for cocaine and chemicals used to manufacture drugs. This worries me, 6 of them in the photo and not one bothered to read the labels. Better find a good hiding place for your rooting powder, it could cost you a grow!

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/2038015/man-arrested-in-cape-town-for-dealing-in-drugs-worth-r900k/

Man arrested in Cape Town for dealing in drugs worth R900k

ANA

Capture-34.jpg.8f6e0fcc56c0d88c4f6134f909f35769.jpg

The arrested man would appear in the Bellville Magistrate’s Court on Monday on charges of dealing in drugs.

A police intelligence-driven operation in Bellville in Cape Town on Saturday, in conjunction with members of the rapid rail national response team, led to the arrest of a 31-year-old man at his home after he was found in possession of drugs worth almost R1 million, Western Cape police said.

Officers received information about “a premises” where suspected drug dealing was taking place and followed up, Captain FC van Wyk said on Sunday.

“At the premises, members found a dagga laboratory, approximately 200 grams of cocaine, and chemicals used to manufacture drugs which they seized. The estimated value of the high grade dagga and cocaine is estimated at R900,000.”

The arrested man would appear in the Bellville Magistrate’s Court on Monday on charges of dealing in drugs, Van Wyk said.

– African News Agency (ANA)

Some of the pics I saw of the nutes related to this article was from the Horticuture shop in Cape Town but surprising to me was the labels as it still had old name, old street address, old email address at a point. Old as in probably 3 to 4+ years ago, now either this guy didn't use the stuff or something sneaky is happening here.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Some of the pics I saw of the nutes related to this article was from the Horticuture shop in Cape Town but surprising to me was the labels as it still had old name, old street address, old email address at a point. Old as in probably 3 to 4+ years ago, now either this guy didn't use the stuff or something sneaky is happening here.

Where'd you see these pics bud?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah also keep in mind if the cops find any other illegal drugs they can try make a case of dealing against you. So this guy could've had a gram of coke on him and that would be enough to make a case. In court the accused can then call BS on that but in the mean time you get locked up and your stuff taken.

https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/a140_1992.pdf

on page 11 section 21

I highly (pun intended) advise reading up on the drug dealing / trafficking laws so you cant get screwed by the cops.

Yeah also keep in mind if the cops find any other illegal drugs they can try make a case of dealing against you. So this guy could've had a gram of coke on him and that would be enough to make a case. In court the accused can then call BS on that but in the mean time you get locked up and your stuff taken.
https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/a140_1992.pdf
on page 11 section 21
I highly (pun intended) advise reading up on the drug dealing / trafficking laws so you cant get screwed by the cops.
I highly (pun intended) appreciate the link.

• Haha 1