I probably suck at this

Chrislovesdagga

So, I stareted a grow diary in September with my very first seed, the one that's actually been making it, but I've also lost about 10 seedlings from seed and my latest one is stretching, so I planted it out, the clones I took all died and these clones looks to be on their way out too...

013ddcfad1652ba7ed35e3cf2345fcdf.jpge767ceb626ae6a4f66b82a9051ddb4d0.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

crikey, those clones look like they were a snail buffet. how many hours of direct light is she getting. where are they growing, need to do pest control .

seedlings stretched like that is light , a windowsill would suffice if chosen correctly

• Like 1

Hey @Chrislovesdagga  you'll need to do a lot of refinement on your cloning process 

First I can see you took the cuttings wrong, I remember my mate did the exact same once. I can see you cut off the fan leaves and hoped you would get clones from those which you wont. You need to cut from the main stem..like below

Clone-cutting-marijuana.jpg

Then get some proper propogation media like jiffy pellets or rockwool cubes. Some rooting hormone too, Builders warehouse stocks the dynaroot powder.

Finally you need to have your clones in a humidity dome. I use a clear plastic container and it does the job just fine so see if you an get one of those or get from a hydro shop.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Hey @Chrislovesdagga  you'll need to do a lot of refinement on your cloning process 

First I can see you took the cuttings wrong, I remember my mate did the exact same once. I can see you cut off the fan leaves and hoped you would get clones from those which you wont. You need to cut from the main stem..like below

Clone-cutting-marijuana.jpg

Then get some proper propogation media like jiffy pellets or rockwool cubes. Some rooting hormone too, Builders warehouse stocks the dynaroot powder.

Finally you need to have your clones in a humidity dome. I use a clear plastic container and it does the job just fine so see if you an get one of those or get from a hydro shop.

lol, need to clean my glasses, i didnt even notice those were fan leaves 😛

not that my cloning success rate is all that great, i think i need some cake in  my life 🙂

• Like 1

My first humidity dome was a 2l coke bottle cut in half & fitted back together with my cuttings inside & the cap closed, opening up once a day to get some air. 3 clones at a time. It was a tight squeeze, but I got 100% success rate with 6 cuttings.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy-z said:

My first humidity dome was a 2l coke bottle cut in half & fitted back together with my cuttings inside & the cap closed, opening up once a day to get some air. 3 clones at a time. It was a tight squeeze, but I got 100% success rate with 6 cuttings.

Lol, thats my current clone setup, was at plastic warehouse but only found catering trays that were too big, so still on the hunt.

image.png.f633a7ac6349fca3d2330bbcfef8e377.png

I see no mention of bubble cloners, seems to be my best results to date to be honest, but i may be a tad outdated

• Like 1

Lol, thats my current clone setup, was at plastic warehouse but only found catering trays that were too big, so still on the hunt.
image.png.f633a7ac6349fca3d2330bbcfef8e377.png

I see no mention of bubble cloners, seems to be my best results to date to be honest, but i may be a tad outdated
I started using one of these Garland propagators on the windowsill. Works well, had to line it with clingwrap, since it has holes in the bottom & a sheet of paper to block out most of the sunlight.

Could probably fit 8/10 cuttings if I leave the rockwool sheet intact. I did 5 at once & they all took. 11268e9d5d5b1489942ff5a208e25230.jpg

• Like 2

Ja like they say. Rock wool is probably the easiest. Plate/Tupper ware contained as a base with half a coke bottle over it. pH'd water at the bottom open daily untill it takes. Then less and less water and more and more exposure to the environment. Sorry for the drawing. I'm not at home to take a pic.0209258c55dfe0be21c68556b57a9ca0.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use a 50/50 mix coco perlite in a dome with some holes in.Clones go straight into seedtray then into the dome, mist every few days to keep humidity up.

You really need to keep an eye on clones to maintain that humidity.Its a small window that the plant has in order to keep surviving.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for all the tips guys!
Yeah, the seedling was on my bookshelf before I took it outside, the clone cuttings I did get from the main branch, my attempt at topping my only successful plant so it grows more side branches, the clones I kept in rockwool also on the shelf with a bowl of water, only bought a little spray bottle yesterday when I found out they kinda get their water from the little bit of leaf they got.

My other seedlings cooked out on the sink roof of my gas bottle cage.

I do use freedom soil and biogrow fish emulsion though....

My plants got moved behind the gate out of direct sunlight under the parking bay.... It's kinda the only place I have for them as my dog will destroy it in the backyard and my front yard is kinda open....

So yeah, I don't have the perfect setup to work with, but I'm trying to make do with the options I have.....

I'll definitely use the coke bottle/cake dome technique next time, think I do have the dina clone powder, did buy that powder from builders and that's what I use, it's the one for soft wood cuttings.

I also add a bit of ph down to my water, using rain water from the tank and that's pretty much neutral, using the ph testing kit with the color chart you compare the liquid drops you shake in a small tester

But I'm here to learn, so thank you guys, I'll definitely take the advice up and try to follow these techniques...