Store-bought colloidal silver

wijn

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Some feedback on this topic, plus a follow-up question: I got hold of some stuff by a brand called Silverlab - 18ppm 'Ionic' colloidal silver - and started spraying the lower two nodes of an auto plant once a day from the start of week 3, then morning and evening from around the start of week 5. As the second node put out branches, I started focusing on the potential bud sites on those branches. I was beginning to despair that the silver wasn't having any effect, but then just today (mid-way through week 8) noticed a few pollen sacs underneath the branches. Excitement. I hadn't been paying very close attention before and had been looking/expecting to see sacs on the upper sides of the branches - around where some calyxes had appeared. Yes, this is my first grow, and I'm just bumbling through.

So, this is good news, but I now realise that I have no idea how long these things have been maturing for, and when they'll be ready to harvest for pollen. The 3-week younger mum-to-be plant is in a pot right next to the she-male, but given that there are only about 8 sacs visible so far, I'd prefer to try pollinating manually, rather than leaving to the wind and the bees and hoping for the best. If anyone is able to tell from the attached photo what stage these are in, or provide any other pointers, I'd be most appreciative.

IMG_20190102_111659.jpg

Edited by wijn

awesome, I was wondering if the 18ppm would yield any results, was actually busy getting 45ppm made for me. 1oz of silver plate if about R310 @ http://www.sasilver.co.za/1-oz-sunshine-mint-silver-bar/

that will last you a very long time making your own CS, which is really easy

The 18ppm spray is available at most Dischems or online from: https://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za/silverlab-liquid-spray?li_source=LI&li_medium=related-products

1_Oz_Silver_Sunshine_Mint_Bar__60403.1502366922.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Even easier is to use the STS method.

Silver nitrate 25 grams - R551

Sodium thiosulphate 500grams - R68

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@thecleangame/how-to-make-and-use-silver-thiosulfate-solution-sts-for-feminized-cannabis-pollen-featuring-the-gorgeous-early-dane

With that amount of silver nitrate you can essentially make close to 50 liters of reversing agent.

Thanks guys

Killerx, I'd be interested to hear how your homebrew works out. 

Will also check out the silver thiosulphate option for future attempts. 

Any idea on those pollen sacs? 

Edited by wijn