A more affordable cannabis expo for SA - lets discuss how to do it

420SA

Many are aware of the upcoming cannabis expo in Pretoria planned for next month. Many are also aware that the stand fees are really high, out of reach for most.

My thoughts are that maybe, just maybe, 420SA may be able to organise a sort of expo catering for more . Maybe one in JHB and one in CPT. 

Think of it more along the lines of a jacked up market. Basically the stand fees will be there to cover the cost of the venue and other expenses that will come along with it. Entrance fees will help out with that too. 

Some important points(chip in or disagree where you can):

• I think first and foremost, cannabis products can't be exhibited. That includes bud, edibles or anything containing cannabis. We don't wanna step on toes or attract bad attention to the expo. I suppose CBD, non psychoactive products could make the cut.
  • Whether cannabis can be consumed at the expo I'm not sure. I'm a bit skeptical about that. Non cannabis users may want to come check out the expo as well but may be deterred by weed smoke everywhere. Perhaps an allocated area can be made but we'll need to check on the laws regarding this. The important thing to remember is that the expo wont be a massive smoke up. It's about developing the industry and businesses who want to operate in the industry.
  • A 2 day weekend expo is what I reckon would work. Saturday and Sunday
  • Seedbanks and breeders exhibiting at the expo. Perhaps a risky one?
  • No under 18's

So first we need to find suitable venues. Could be a sports field or any large open space. If you guys have any suggestions please shout. I'm really interested in getting something like this going

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, greenkush said:

In all honesty if no cannabis, cbd, seeds are exhibited what actually is left?

• Grow equipment
  • Grow supplies - soils, pots, nutrients etc.
  • Extraction Equipment
  • Paraphernalia - Bongs, Pipes, Vapes etc
  • Hemp products - clothes, food, beauty products etc.

Just remember that the sale is illegal... so the only one's who could exhibit cannabis are breeders(maybe). As far as breeders are concerned, I didn't say seeds is a definite no no at the expo but its a grey area in the law still and needs to be discussed and looked at before just blindly going ahead. CBD only products will be fine

• Like 1

• 420SA unpinned this topic