Sign in to follow this  
Manny

My first grow.

Plants aren't looking too bad. If a little short. I find getting a 25l bucket of water with an air stone and pump to bubble out chemicals will help you eliminate overlooked potential water issues before needing to drop cash for a meter etc. 
Are you allowing the pots to dry or just watering daily. When you say you feed once in a while. When is this and at what dosage. I genuinely think getting those into better soil would do you a world of good. Bare in mind they will droop and be unhappy after transplant so try not to panic and overtreat. 

Yeah I also think they’re quite short. Is this because the cfl is too close to the plant ?
I usually put like half my finger in the soil and if it’s dry I water. I water with the plant food like 3 times a week I’d say. I transplanted the one into herb soil with some perlite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update...

I bought 3 auto haze seeds from pachamama seeds.
I started by putting the seeds in water for 24 hours which they had then sunk to the bottom. After that I put them in jiffy cubes from GTH under the 250w cfl light in a glass dome for humidity.

Also when I went to GTH I bought air pots. I wanted the 10l ones but they have no stock and they are only getting next year. So I opted for the 20l pots. They also had no freedom farms soil so I bought earth dance growers fold organic mix

e740a972305482d442e318ca5f1c2c4e.jpg

344e20e2d3acfa1732c2976d11550b82.jpg

It seems to have the same ingredients as freedom farms so I thought I’d give it a try. Once the 3 seeds have germinated I will put them in the air pots with that soil.

The current grow box I built is not big enough for the 3 pots so I’ve started building a new one. It’s dimensions are 90x90x150

cc868cadf046eb8d316f38a6d184bae0.jpg

This is where I’m at so far. Just need more cardboard and then I will start laying the Mylar.
But for now I have no grow box so I made a make shift ‘box’ for now

572eb35d5dee19e7b59b5eb626d98335.jpg

6c9700866fa4580b49d7d0dae4400c1c.jpg

But once the auto haze has started germinating those 2 bag seeds will be moved outside.

Here are my current outdoor grows
1340859a9ee4fa222bbabb461c995582.jpg

3c4bd50969bfede136f89ec0db731b66.jpg

Feel free to give me any tips or suggestions guys. Thanks so much. Learnt a lot from this forum so far.

Just a question. Could I use those emergency blankets instead of Mylar ?

57 minutes ago, Manny said:

Just a question. Could I use those emergency blankets instead of Mylar ?

No. Hold an emergency blanket up to a light source and you can see through them

No. Hold an emergency blanket up to a light source and you can see through them

The one I have does not. But either way I would stick it to cardboard.

It's not about sticking it anywhere it's about light reflection . You will loose a good portion of light due to it going through the blanket and being absorbed by the cardboard . Rather just paint the cardboard white. Btw cardboard is not a great material to build a cab out of , you going to have mould issues 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

The one I have does not. But either way I would stick it to cardboard.

i built a cab out of car sunshields and mylar, added an hps and realised how kak they actually are.

if you arent seeing light through it you arent giving them enough light. as GLO said, paint it matt white, cheapest reflective coating with no hotspots