When is the time to harvest a high CBD strain?

420SA

I read, from one source, that its better to harvest a high CBD strain early as CBD degrades quicker than THC. How much truth is there to that and should we be following that guideline? 

My CBD strains are a day away from the chop according to the breeder but they certainly aren't ready in my view. The one has begun to start its swell but the others aren't even there yet. With THC not being a priority, does it actually matter if you harvest the plant too soon? Or perhaps is it beneficial to wait a bit longer to allow the plants to put on more mass?

• 4 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 12:59 PM, 420SA said:

I read, from one source, that its better to harvest a high CBD strain early as CBD degrades quicker than THC. How much truth is there to that and should we be following that guideline? 

My CBD strains are a day away from the chop according to the breeder but they certainly aren't ready in my view. The one has begun to start its swell but the others aren't even there yet. With THC not being a priority, does it actually matter if you harvest the plant too soon? Or perhaps is it beneficial to wait a bit longer to allow the plants to put on more mass?

Hi 420SA  did you get an answer to this ?  also would like to know for future use 

Something read worthy perhaps

"CBD acid is the precursor to the THC acids, and, although CBD is only mildly psychoactive by itself, it may act with THC to modify the psychoactive effect of the THC in a sedative way. CBC is also mildly psychoactive and may interact synergistically with THC to alter the psychoactive effect (Turner et al. 1975). Indeed, CBD may suppress the effect of THC and CBC may potentiate the effect of THC, although this has not yet been proven. All of the reactions along the cannabinoid biosynthetic pathway are enzyme-controlled but are affected by environmental conditions.

Conversion of CBD acid to THC acid is the single most important reaction with respect to psychoactivity in the entire pathway and the one about which we know the most."

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-grow-guide/cannabis-maturation-and-harvesting/

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Dragon said:

Hi 420SA  did you get an answer to this ?  also would like to know for future use 

Was given advice to wait until the swell was over and then to harvest, to allow for as much mass as possible

• Like 1

Always wondered about this, so you get indicas, hybrids and sativas and everything in between.

Harvest time as a rule of thumb, clear trichomes for head rush, cloudy for max THC and more amber more sedating right?

Would harvesting a sativa super late so there's mostly amber trichomes give the same effect as harvesting an indica early/just right? Is the high the same?

Could also be a differrent combo, like harvesting an indica early so mostly cloudy/some clear trichomes gives you a sativa high? Some stoner ramblings I guess :-stoned