Greetings from a newbie grower in KZN

Bainman

Hi there

Just want to greet the, the administrators, the users and the lurkers (like me once) of this forum.

I have joined many forums. This, my first cannabis related. As with any hobby or interest, I try to keep it local by joining South African groups. 420SA popped up while scouring the web, trying to learn the art of home grow, (outdoor) so I joined.

What do I seek from this website?

"Everything I thought I ever knew - friendly dialogue, knowledge, and exploring the cultural/social aspect, over a plant that we are passionate about".

I have enjoyed the green for a span of 36 yrs, with long breaks in between. I have had zero negative repurcussions while maintaining a decent education, a marriage, parenthood and an excellent job.

Since 18/9/18, a date in RSA history I will never forget, I feel more comfortable writing publicly, but only on the web - anonymously, about Cannabis. Unfortunately the pillars holding the sigma of cannabis use, are still a long way from crumbling. On other websites I mostly use my real name. But would dare not reveal my identity here, as there are still so many "anti-Dagga" folk, so many misinformed people, so many ignorant, closed minded people.

Advocacy

I am a huge (closet) advocate for the adult, private, personal, responsible use of Cannabis. I want to peacefully dismantle the bad reputation of this a amazing ancient plant, to change archaic mindsets and mostly I want to see the RSA prosper and unite from a perfectly, now legal, natural, and abundant resource - right on our doorstep!

Growing

I am finally exercising my Constitutional right to responsibly, privately use and grow Cannabis. (I am still in awe by the words of Judge Zondo) Since 18/9/18, have searched the web, studied as much info as possible about outdoor growing, but on this site I want to learn more about growing in good old RSA fashion, rather than the predominantly American, European and Canadian web information.

Medicine

A most dear member of my adult family suffers with something that cannabis relieves the symptoms most effectively. I intend perfecting my oil making skills from my first outdoor grow project. There is no better herb on earth that helps me with multiple illness. I want to share this experience with other like minded users.

Sometimes I still feel as if I am doing something "wrong", while nursing my tender spring 2018 sown plants in the earth and in pots, but then I remind myself, "Its pretty much legal - just enjoy the hobby".

I know my way around the park with most things Cannabis related. Now it's the growing rabbit hole I am entering. So I will treasure any "home grown" advice, while I make all my first mistakes, and a bit of good interaction in between.

Regards

Bainman

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 4