Ethanol Suppliers

420SA

4 minutes ago, greenkush said:

No offense, but unless you have lab training or know what you're doing. You could potentially kill yourself 🙂 

Well aware of the risks of course. How is this distillation process more dangerous than purging the ethanol into the atmosphere? Keep in mind I wont have any open flames going

Just now, 420SA said:

Well aware of the risks of course. How is this distillation process more dangerous than purging the ethanol into the atmosphere? Keep in mind I wont have any open flames going

Well no open flames obviously mitigates the risks more substantially.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Tell me what you need and ill ask the supplier I use for my lab gear.

Well by the looks of it I'm gonna need a distillation flask and a condenser. The flask needs to be at least 500ml, preferably starting from 1L. Just started looking into this now so not sure if that's all I'll need. Shot though. Super useful you are lol :-meditate 

34 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Tell me what you need and ill ask the supplier I use for my lab gear.

So on the one hand you're suggesting not to try do these things unless you have proper lab training and on the other you're offering to source products? :P Edit: Perhaps not suggesting, you are entirely right! These things can be dangerous!

Edited by Guest
Clarity

3 minutes ago, GreenthumbHydro said:

So on the one hand you're suggesting not to try do these things unless you have proper lab training and on the other you're offering to source products? :P

i think he may have been referring to my lurker ass, cant say i have given much content to prove otherwise as yet

Anyone can do these things safely, as long as you follow proper SOPs and do some reading, you won't necessarily kill yourself. Always just be safe and use some common sense. I'm not lashing out at GK, by no means, rather pointing out the double tune. There are limits, but a L or two of Etoh in your kitchen isn't going to blow your head away.

10 minutes ago, GreenthumbHydro said:

Anyone can do these things safely, as long as you follow proper SOPs and do some reading, you won't necessarily kill yourself. Always just be safe and use some common sense. I'm not lashing out at GK, by no means, rather pointing out the double tune. There are limits, but a L or two of Etoh in your kitchen isn't going to blow your head away.

It was not a double tune, I merely stated its dangerous, and it can lead to death. I have seen first hand what the miss handling of solvents have done to people with far more training than anyone here, proper chemical engineers/chemists back in my day at uni (biochem department) , and yes I offered to source the products for him because he's an adult and I'm sure he will use common sense and as he stated he is aware of the risks. 

52 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Well by the looks of it I'm gonna need a distillation flask and a condenser. The flask needs to be at least 500ml, preferably starting from 1L. Just started looking into this now so not sure if that's all I'll need. Shot though. Super useful you are lol :-meditate 

I've sent off the request when I get feedback I'll let you know, he usually knocks off early on Friday so may only be Monday.