Ethanol Suppliers

420SA

Yeah Ace is easy. They also carry a range of media, so if you know what you're looking for you can buy most things needed for pesticide remediation and post processing.

The thing with food grade ethenol is that you can drink it. It becomes an issue then that full government taxes and duties need to be levied. Prices I have gotten for 96% from Protea chemicals was just about R7k for a 25l. Works out to the same amount of actual ethenol if you purchased 70l of vodka and distilled the proof up.

That price doesnt sound right 420. That sounds like the price for denatured ethenol. You dont want the denatured stuff. Poison to your organs.

Edited by Totemic
Added content

Most etoh you get from lab supply won't be "human grade" unless you're willing to pay the levy - that's the point of the levy, to prevent people buying it to water down into a consumable.. You can easily use a 95% proof product and either distill out impurities and/or use some media to remove the diethyls that are included. If you can purge  properly/know what  you're doing (even a little google will help) you can use methanol no problem. Even using Iso to remove chlorophyll is safe, provided you purge properly/remove the residuals.

They listed Herbasol Extraction Alcohol (5L) on the quotation. Googled it and came by this ad https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-other-home-garden-items/queensburgh/herbasol-alcohol-herbal-extraction-solvent/1003390626950911163622209 

Clearly targetting cannabis oil makers. Does indeed say its denatured but is somehow safe for herbal extraction, is that possible?

This will be my first time making oil so I'm not sure about methanol ey. I mean if I dont purge 100% does that mean possible blindness? lol I'd still ideally want ethanol that isn't denatured so what could I expect to pay for 2 to 3 litres? Levy and all... If you can even get amounts as low as that

Do they supply a lab certificate with it? Or do you have to take their word? Always try buy lab certified products and preferably try work under a fume hood. It also depends what kind of final product you want. You can crystallise CBD pretty easily after a few filters or you can work with a raw crude. Final outcomes can also influence your solvent choices. Etoh is the preferred, but not the only option.

12 hours ago, Trailblazer420 said:

Can someone explain the difference between isopropyl and ethanol? I've always used isopropyl as it's much easier to obtain

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Different molecule. Ethanol is easy to get, i bought it from my pharmacy on special order. You just pay out your arse for it due to it being pure alcohol.

@420SA these are the prices you're looking at:

96.1% - 96.2% FOOD GRADE ETHANOL
1 x 2.5L :  96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 926.43 ex vat
1 x 5L : 96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 1,678.00 ex vat
1 x 25L : 96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 7,642.19 ex vat

99.9% FOOD GRADE ETHANOL
1 x 2.5L :  99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 960.04 ex vat
1 x 5L : 99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 1,741.42 ex vat
1 x 25L : 99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 7,936.22 ex vat

[mention=1]420SA[/mention] these are the prices you're looking at:
96.1% - 96.2% FOOD GRADE ETHANOL
1 x 2.5L :  96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 926.43 ex vat
1 x 5L : 96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 1,678.00 ex vat
1 x 25L : 96.1% Food grade ethanol @ R 7,642.19 ex vat
99.9% FOOD GRADE ETHANOL
1 x 2.5L :  99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 960.04 ex vat
1 x 5L : 99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 1,741.42 ex vat
1 x 25L : 99.9% Food grade ethanol @ R 7,936.22 ex vat
Thanks a million@greenkush

Whose prices are these?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, GreenthumbHydro said:

Rather get a boiling flask and condenser. Should be cheaper too. Use a water pump with an aspirator and you can use it for your condenser and vacuum.

Would you be able to show this to me in practical form?

A boiling flask is the round bottomed flask right and a condenser is that coil like thing right? 

• Like 1