1st CBD autogrow

Ganjalf

Good day all, i have recently purchased a few H24 Autoflowering CBD seeds. I have selected a prime spot in my backyard, it gets direct sunlight for almost all of the day. It is currently summer and our temperature ranges from 24°C/75,2°F to 34°C/93,2°F , I have read a lot of grow guides and prepped my medium accordingly (Also i purchased the necessary nutes.). Most people say that transplanting autos could result in lower yield therefore i was wondering if i could just directly plant my seed (post germination) into the soil patch i have prepped outside. I am just scared that the seedling might die off outside due to the high temperatures and sunlight intensity. Would it be better to let it develop a bit in a peat pellet and then transplant?

20181102_152751.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Ganjalf,

haha that’s a funny name! Also, cool that you’re growing H24 - is it from Pachamama? I’m running the same Strain if it is! 

Anyways, if you’re at home most of the day you can go directly in the ground - just check that the little lady doesn’t ever go dry. You could also construct a little shade cloth structure to help it in its early day.

otherwise there is another option, neat little trick I learnt when I started autoflowering plants - got it off the internet. You basically get two small pots, one will be the inner pot and the other will be the outer pot. 

With th the inner pot you want to cut big lines down the sides of the pot, in a strip. Cut as many as you can. About 2-4 cm wide, and from the top to the bottom. Then also cut out many large circles from the bottom. You put this inner pot inside the other and fill it with your medium and pop your seed in to grow. 

Once its grown out for about bout two weeks you then simply remove this inner pot, and you’ll see the roots coming out the slits you cut. You just plant the inner pot(with your pot in it) directly in the ground! So it’s like transplantin except you don’t disturb the roots much! Just be careful not to let the plant stay in there too long before burying the pot!

just another tip, get yourself some neem oil for preventative spray on your foliage o protect against grasshoppers etc.... also get some copper wire and make many loops of it loosely around the stalk of your plant (careful not to restrict it, you may have to adjust it) this helps with slugs!

Your medium looks good! Is it light and airy? If not, go get some perlite and dig out the hole where your plant will be, mix in about 30-50% perlite and put it back. Helps airate the soil, autos love air rated soil.

lastly, if you can get your hands on ‘mycoroot’ get yourself some and put it in your inner pot where your roots will grow - it really helps root growth! 

Ill be following yor grow! Excited to see how it pans out! Good luck man 18092018.

Wow man thanks for the detailed reply much appreciated I have some clonex rooting gel don't know if that will work I actually bought it to attempt cloning with my autos, lot of controversy there so I figured I'd try it myself. 

I also got my seeds from pachamama, I've been curious as to how accurate there yield numbers are, have you harvested in the past? I find it difficult to believe that an auto could yield 200g. And there critical auto claims to have an outdoor harvest of 1200g! I bought some of those seeds as well figured it's worth a try. 

I decided to not plant directly into soil rather got me a fairly large smart pot which is made of fabric allows more oxygen to get to the roots heard some great things about people who have a history with them also I can move the plant if it is extremely hot. And then for my soil mix I basically went 1-1-1 with normal soil, perlite and peat

I couldn't find neem oil but opted for an organic fungicide instead also I am using the beer trap method to keep snails out I'll definitely keep the copper wire in mind if I run into a problem with them. 

20181107_152825_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Pleasure! 

I don’t think the rooting gel will work the same as mycoroot, haven’t tried it. Mycoroot helps a fungus form on the roots of the plant and forms a symbiotic relationship with the plants - really works like a bomb! 

Oh good choice, fabric pots are great! I did a comparison of the roots from a normal pot v a fabric pot and there is an undeniable benefit in the fabric pots! Just a tip, try keep the pot off the ground with two plants or the likes because all sorts of fungi can grow on the bottom - I haven’t had a bad one yet but I could imagine they are out there! So getting air under there helps! 

I haven’t run a Pachamama from start to finish yet, as to the yields I cannot say. I’m also running them for the first time! I’ll start a diary sometime! I’ve done Dinafem etc. with autos, all I can say is don’t expect a large yield- especially the first few grows because you have to perfect the process. Their veg time is so short that any set back can stunt the growth, unlike with a photoperiod where you can recover due to long veg growth cycles.  My first auto grow I averaged at about 40-60 grams a plant.

cool! I’ve used organicide pesticide with success, just remember not to go too heavy on the dosages! Also, the best cure is prevention, so you may want to spray the plants every Now and again (depending how hectic your area is with bugs etc) I went with a preventative spray once a week and it worked quite well. I haven’t used fungicide, just pesticide. Just don’t burn em! 

I’m subbed up, keen to see how your grow goes!

• 3 weeks later...