Grow tent combo suggestions?

zeuzk2k

If I were you a 1.2x1.2m tent would suffice. Mars is good quality for the price. LEDs may prove to be quite a problem SA prices is rediculous. Growopz is probably your best bet locally if you're not looking to spend 15k on a light. Otherwise Amazon. That's just my 2 cents. I'm sure their will be many opinions on here just wait for it. And you will need a 6" extraction fan. With ducting. Don't forget pots. Auto pots are good options if you do not want to spend allot of time watering and need some flexibility with traveling and so on.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Awé,@greenkush, are you growing in a tent? What are you using so our friend here has some options to buy?

36 minutes ago, greenkush said:

If the guy is growing for personal use there is no need to spend close to 10K on a light alone.

Depends on your perspective , if you want the best possible results yes a 750w gavita is a good option for a personal grower as I can tell you a 750w gavita running at 825w will out yield a single ended 1000w or 2 x 600w se . You get what u pay for . A 750w gavita , tent and other stuff will come I  under 15k . The question was my budget is 15k max and what should I get , in my opinion with that type of money  it's the best option 

A gavita running in that size tent will introduce major heat problems, purely due to the height of it. Gavitas were not designed to run inside of tents, warehouses, heigh roof rooms sure.  Not inside a 2m height tent. Also considering the fact that the gavita has so much head room required.

Are you running a gavita in a tent?

Edited by greenkush

2 of my friends are  running 750w gavita in tents and they going great . I own 4 of the 750w myself so yes I know the heat they put out and can tell you they can run about 60-70cm from canopy . Put a wide angle reflector on and you can drop it to a little more .

Do u run any gravitas or had experience with them? Yes the 1000w are hectic but the 750w was designed for the personal grower 

Edited by Green Leaf Organics

2 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

2 of my friends are  running 750w gavita in tents and they going great . I own 4 of the 750w myself so yes I know the heat they put out and can tell you they can run about 60-70cm from canopy . Put a wide angle reflector on and you can drop it to a little more .

Do u run any gravitas or had experience with them? Yes the 1000w are hectic but the 750w was designed for the personal grower 

Nope, I don't own one, but a friend has a few running in a big room.  I am more interested in the LED technology, my next light is going to be the fluence spyder 2i (https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/). I'm not disputing Gavitas at all, its just so frustrating see people lambaste other technology.

10 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I agree with greenkush. Rather run LEDs you will only save in the long run. I ran 1000w lights and an AC to a month. Spent about 3k on electricity.

I got my electric bill this month, with only 600 watts worth of my panels running and 320 watts for a week. My electric bill barely jumped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenkush said:

A gavita running in that size tent will introduce major heat problems, purely due to the height of it. Gavitas were not designed to run inside of tents, warehouses, heigh roof rooms sure.  Not inside a 2m height tent. Also considering the fact that the gavita has so much head room required.

Are you running a gavita in a tent?

Wait until you see our Mammoth G1 and G2 tents. Gavita's can be turned down all the way to 400 on the 6/750. Two Gavitas at 400w in a 2.4 tent will crush even single ended 1000s. Spectrum is important. Speaking of which, 4000k has been around for ages, don't buy into the "full spectrum" nonsense. Go with the light that suits your budget and needs. Try go with tried and tested brands and products and while we never discourage purchasing your gear abroad, remember you can't complain about our market when you're not willing to support it. A lot of people ask for products we could never supply, simply because the market won't support it. The amount of times people ask about products that simply won't sell, even to the inquirer, is absurd. If people think x is such a grand business idea/nutrient/product etc, why don't they import it and sell it to us? Instead everyone will complain we don't have Advanced Nutrients (yeah right you'll pay what it costs) or something or the other and our response is simple: go do it. If it is such a great product and idea, go start a business and work your product and market like everyone else. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't make it a surefire sell. Ya'll show that right here by suggesting diy/custom/homemade lighting units.

Remember, support those that support you. We're by no means perfect, people have had poor service/products etc, but I am willing to bet a few guys here can testify to our commitment to the market and community, not just the profit. It is amazing how many people suddenly know all there is to know about the best lights and nutrients etc, but still won't even purchase a proper pH pen. Sometimes I think people have no idea of context.

A lot of people have champagne taste but beer breath..  😉

22 hours ago, zeuzk2k said:

Im using this setup. I requested that the standard lights in the combo be swapped out for LED panels 2 x (120w x3). They credited me for all the lighting components and I had to pay a small difference. So far I am really happy with my purchase but keep in mind I am a small personal grower who wont do more than around 4 plants at a time.  Their service was good I have no complaints.

Edited by S420
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GreenthumbHydro said:

Wait until you see our Mammoth G1 and G2 tents. Gavita's can be turned down all the way to 400 on the 6/750. Two Gavitas at 400w in a 2.4 tent will crush even single ended 1000s. Spectrum is important. Speaking of which, 4000k has been around for ages, don't buy into the "full spectrum" nonsense. Go with the light that suits your budget and needs. Try go with tried and tested brands and products and while we never discourage purchasing your gear abroad, remember you can't complain about our market when you're not willing to support it. A lot of people ask for products we could never supply, simply because the market won't support it. The amount of times people ask about products that simply won't sell, even to the inquirer, is absurd. If people think x is such a grand business idea/nutrient/product etc, why don't they import it and sell it to us? Instead everyone will complain we don't have Advanced Nutrients (yeah right you'll pay what it costs) or something or the other and our response is simple: go do it. If it is such a great product and idea, go start a business and work your product and market like everyone else. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't make it a surefire sell. Ya'll show that right here by suggesting diy/custom/homemade lighting units.

Remember, support those that support you. We're by no means perfect, people have had poor service/products etc, but I am willing to bet a few guys here can testify to our commitment to the market and community, not just the profit. It is amazing how many people suddenly know all there is to know about the best lights and nutrients etc, but still won't even purchase a proper pH pen. Sometimes I think people have no idea of context.

A lot of people have champagne taste but beer breath..  😉

Besides your comment of the tent, I really have no idea what the rest was about or who the the target was. 

Edited by greenkush

1 hour ago, S420 said:

Im using this setup. I requested that the standard lights in the combo be swapped out for LED panels 2 x (120w x3). They credited me for all the lighting components and I had to pay a small difference. So far I am really happy with my purchase but keep in mind I am a small personal grower who wont do more than around 4 plants at a time.  Their service was good I have no complaints.

Thanks man 

We're not aiming it at anyone. Simply a comment that might give some growers an idea of why our market it the way it is. Next year you'll start seeing things like Advanced and Canna etc. They'll be expensive and usually mostly sugar water/snake oil.