Compost Tea - Does it work ?

Not sure about the guys brewing method, surely that pump isn't good enough for the size of bucket he's using. Water temps also matter

I use compost teas and my plants are always happier after a water with some. Others have have come to different conclusions than this guy. Check out this site http://www.microbeorganics.com/ it's a lot of reading but 100% worthwhile 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

ive been looking into AACT too, but quickly got turned off by the process of making it. 

:classic_huh: :classic_huh: :classic_huh:

What do you mean by that??? The process could not be simpler. 

1 x bucket

1 x airpump

10L water

5 Tbs molasses

50ml Seagro 

5 cups ewc

That's been my recipe on a weekly basis and the lady is loving it. I add "stuff" now and then but not that necessary 

Stuff = Volcanic rock dust / Lacto /rock phosphate 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

:classic_huh: :classic_huh: :classic_huh:

What do you mean by that??? The process could not be simpler. 

1 x bucket

1 x airpump

10L water

5 Tbs molasses

50ml Seagro 

5 cups ewc

That's been my recipe on a weekly basis and the lady is loving it. I add "stuff" now and then but not that necessary 

Stuff = Volcanic rock dust / Lacto /rock phosphate 

Would a good old aquarium pump work?

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Stuntman Mike said:

How do you fit in the AACT feeding with your regular feeding? Do you mix in your normal ferts with the tea or do you alternate feedings? Or do you not need additional feeding if you use the tea?

A compost tea isn't a feed and should be given on its own. It's essentially an inoculation with microbes. Some guys add a bit of fish hydrolosate and things like kelp meal and alfalfa, that's up to you, but yes you should alternate.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Truth is, if you’re really growing organic, you shouldn’t even be “feeding “. Organics is about growing in a soil that has everything the plant needs, from the start, and relying on the soil microlife to make those things available to the plant, as the plant needs it. 

Your job in organics is to nurture the soil life. You can add things to help the soil life along, and increase the populations of those creatures by using teas.

You add the feedstock for the plant when you first mix your soil.