Possible ICU

Farmer Frank

I had them germ8nate in a cococoir and perlite mix 70/30. PH is at 6.5. Not just these two who had the effect but all plants. Other plants is in Dutch Bucket with water reserve that has a nutrifeed mix in. We have been having crazy temps in the Southern Cape thus I have moved certain plants out of direct sunlight into greenhouse environment. These two on photo I have replanted in large buckets with Cococoir/perlite/spil mix (40/30/30). Dit mix some nutrients in with the soil mix .

19 minutes ago, Farmer Frank said:

I had them germ8nate in a cococoir and perlite mix 70/30. PH is at 6.5. Not just these two who had the effect but all plants. Other plants is in Dutch Bucket with water reserve that has a nutrifeed mix in. We have been having crazy temps in the Southern Cape thus I have moved certain plants out of direct sunlight into greenhouse environment. These two on photo I have replanted in large buckets with Cococoir/perlite/spil mix (40/30/30). Dit mix some nutrients in with the soil mix .

You're locking out nutrients, in coco based mediums you want it at around 5.8. I'd gradually lower your water feeding till the desired range. Doing a massive PH drop from 6.5 -> 5.8 will most likely cause your plants to stress out.

Edited by greenkush

22 minutes ago, Farmer Frank said:

Coco is inert, it contains 0 nutrients. You need to start feeding them 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all.

An update on my situation.

Lost a couple of my seedlings but hey thats how the cookie crumbles. Most likely cause I could formulate is Iron deficiency. Plqnts progressively worsend and I made the call to start over with worst cases. (See pics)

Started with a iron spray and hope this work.

Will post pics of progress.

IMG-20181103-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20181103-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20181031-WA0019.jpeg

Hey man,

It seems you are having some Iron deficiency there. 

Iron is not usually a super common true deficiency, it is usually caused by another issue which affect your Iron intake by domino effect. Giving more isn't always the best option with Iron deficiency.

Normally the first thing to look at would be your pH, make sure it is in the range of 5.5-6.5, 6 is nice and round. Measure the ph of your water going in and then your run off, see if there is a big difference.

If you are 100% sure you have a stable pH next would be your calcium and magnesium. An imbalance can bring out Iron deficiency. Have your coco been buffered ? If not that could be a cause. Amongst else such as, increasing Ca and Mg and balancing Ca and Mg with K and Na, buffering coco helps reduce the displacement of originally contained potassium which by doing so makes it available to your plant and will be potentially taken up in excess. Mulder's chart state that an excess in Potassium will increase the demand of Iron by the plant. To fix that you would flush with pH'ed water and carry on your normal feeding supplementing with cal-mag.

If that doesn't work I am not sure what else could be the issue.