Potsnza

Hi Everyone

So i attempted to grow my first plant ever (like in my first plant I ever owned from childhood).

(Critical 2+)

It was going awesome for the first 7 days,  added some grow medium in a egg tray and she was seedling perfectly.

She grew her first 2 leaves with the seed still in the middle (almost looks like a helmet)

After 7 days, I decided to put her in some potting soil mixed with bone meal.

(I'm using a space bucket with  2 pc fans as ventilation and 4 x 9w LED lights and also a LED strip light)

A few days later the 2 leaves started drooping and started turning yellow.

The leaves felt dry, so I decided to cut them off.

I haven't lost hope in her yet, but I need some expert advice. Am I wasting my time ?

I probably am Aren't I?

It so difficult to pull the plug 😞

Its ok to have a laugh 😄

20181024_203801.thumb.jpg.59366cb34871e0d4dc938f52ba172e10.jpg20181024_203847.thumb.jpg.d8278c0a6307a962f2aa2c743c650a29.jpg20181024_203902.thumb.jpg.18ed9577b2fd66eb5b5fd8430e48761c.jpg

I used a misting bottle to keep the plant moist and cool (because of the heat)

Watered once every day, the ground felt dry

But I think that the Egg box and the bonemeal caused the plant to die. there was a paste around the root, so I tried to remove it in order to save the plant

10 minutes ago, Chrislovesdagga said:

I also want to use the egg carton for the seed.... guess it's a bad move?

But I kinda have a suspicion it's the bone meal.....that shit should be way to strong for a seedling, but I'm also doing my first grow, guess we just have to bump our heads and hope we learn from it......

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Jip

less bone meal next time and no egg carton 

So here are some random tips.

1. Only water when medium is completely dry
2. Do not add ANY nutrients for the first 2 weeks after sprouting. You should be fine up to 3 weeks grow medium dependant.
3. Avoid heat exposure. The first two weeks require very little light. Place the plant somewhere out of direct hot sunlight, especially where there isn't at least consistent breeze. Maybe bathroom window, they will love the humidity.
4. First time growers: try a bag seed or solid stable land race strain of sorts. Hybrids can be tricky for someone just starting off.
5. Don't over water, yes, I know I said this already.

The first month of any grow to me personally is probably the most boring, they don't want attention, they just want water, light and air and to be left alone, after which it starts getting interesting.

Don't over water :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk