Pvt_sToNeR

Greenhouse Growing

Hi there Fellow 420s, :-trip

My name is Marek and i believe this is the introduction thread, so there i've been introduced to the masses :classic_tongue:

Looking forward to evolve the plant and crush the stigma!

Attached are my designs for my new Greenhouse build. (Any suggestions always welcome)

1383512538_FullAssembly1.thumb.png.463599b8d32fe62fff7bdde29ea5c43a.png

662548661_FullAssembly2.thumb.png.5b48aded4b640d6c0a3420d0dd3fcb2c.png

1415013997_FullAssembly3.thumb.png.67d18fefedbbe6027c2693ac745828f6.png

1084595842_FullAssembly4.thumb.png.179d5676dddd16f1d2ff71fa77f099ff.png

5758867_FullAssembly5.thumb.png.f05143a680cac8a2c395e36ad2f69b4e.png

• Like 5

Sheesh, that is a rather ambitious project 😄

So what genetics are going to go in there?

Soil or hydro?

• Thanks 1

Big respect if you can pull that off. When do you plan to get going with this?

• Like 2

Cool, what are the dimensions of the tunnel? Wish I could do something like this on my balcony, but the wind down here is a bitch.

How are you going to water those plants?

• Like 1

@420SA The biggest cost of the build is getting the right 200 micron anti drip greenhouse tarp  +/- R2500 is the best price i've found for the size i'm going for.

Work a 9-5 in JHB but i'm a old boertjie from Bloemfontein, so project will start in December as that's when i'm able to go down for a long period. Have been buying things for the build here and there and getting it dropped of on the plot in Bloem so at least its not one big buy in December.

@Batista I have researched hours on watering and nutrition supply to the plants and what i think is the right way is to treat each plant as if there the only one in the area, no water or nutrient schedules because if there's anything a beginner grower should know, all plants grow differently and have different needs.  I study more on reading the plant for what it needs and try catch as early as possible. Hand watering will be the way for a couple of years until i have enough data on my main strains to then work out a timer with a drip system and so on

I feel if i learn this art of spotting deficiencies better it will help getting to know individual needs of different strains.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Batista said:

Cool, what are the dimensions of the tunnel?

3m x 10m x 2.2m ........ like i said that tarp is what really killed the budget  :sillyass 

Cool man, you have a good plan, all the very best and keep us posted, this is going to be epic 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hey @Pvt_sToNeR 

Thanks for posting your greenhouse design pics.

• What do anticipate the total  building costs for this tunnel might be ? Estimates are fine
  • Would the middle section of the tunnel require any ventilation or circulation ?

Thanks!

-Stinky

• Like 1

Ay @stinky, Thank you for you interest in my designs. 

Well just to start off, i first thought of buying a ready build greenhouse and when i took the material cost of a 3x6x2 meter greenhouse  on takealot for example it cost over 5k and the material they use was no more than 3k but its marketed for the person not wanting or know how to build there own. So with that being said the cost of my 3X larger DIY greenhouse was still under the prices i found of ready built.

The following is a estimate between different type of low and high quality materials (By low i just mean it will work 100% but the longevity of your greenhouse will be less than the higher quality) 

Wood : R1000 - R1800

Fasteners (Brackets and screws) : R400

PVC : R200

Greenhouse Tarp : R1000 - R2600 (Most expensive item but imo the most important, i would rather skimp on all the other materials but still get high quality tarp. 5 year warranty on weather damage )  

Intake/Outtake Box Fan X2 : R700

Industrial Fan : R700 - R1400

Budget Build = R4100.00 - I know your thinking WTF! haha, its still cheaper and larger than the pre built modules and the pre built does not come with the fans ect. 

Longevity Build = R7100.00 -  Remember you are paying for something that wont topple over in years, you want to be maintaining your plants not the house it grown in.

All the above is purely subjective and just fits my style of growing.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, zairek said:

Hi Marek 

Have you considered a gutter system to harvest some rain water?

I have seen some nice gutter systems for the tunnel style greenhouse, very keen to experiment with it when the build is up. 

• Like 1

New year, New adventures 🧐

Wishing all a great new year and may your flowers grow big and shinny. 💎

Budget and time constraints were real this past December but got it done with a Dubai tan of note 💥

Daily updates from start to finish.

Day 1:

IMG_20181225_174042.thumb.jpg.d27f812332c2d6a02d8ab55fda726bda.jpg

Floor level and trench for water and electrical dug out.

Time for a blunt 🙏

• Like 4

This is awesome! 

Would you be doing this for just personal use or potentially medical/recreational in the future? 

Great design, you should maybe think about getting a little business going once you’ve finished with your project. It’s definitely the right time to do so! 

But anyways, I hope the build goes well and the grow goes better! Eager to see the updates 😄

Edited by African Noodle

Dang Pvt also don't tell an oke you got this monster of a Ghouse going onhave you gotten all your materials?

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, African Noodle said:

This is awesome! 

Would you be doing this for just personal use or potentially medical/recreational in the future? 

Great design, you should maybe think about getting a little business going once you’ve finished with your project. It’s definitely the right time to do so! 

But anyways, I hope the build goes well and the grow goes better! Eager to see the updates 😄

Will be for personal use until i can obtain a permit but then we will head indoor for medical :-thumbsup

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pat999 said:

Dang Pvt also don't tell an oke you got this monster of a Ghouse going onemoji1787.pnghave you gotten all your materials?

You got to start somewhere ay :classic_rolleyes:

The GH is fully up and running, cant just blast all the photos, worked 2 weeks on the project through my 2 week leave in Dec so it was tight so i will take you along a little journey.

My first design did change a bit as i haven't been on the farm in a long time and the winds were not going to play well with PVC 

Keep tuned to see what i did instead of the PVC :-thumbsup

Edited by Pvt_sToNeR
  • Like 2

Awesome man. The excitement must be strong. 

Look forward to seeing what you've put together and what you're gonna put out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the level surface and trenches finished, it was time to begin on the structure. 

The perfect world idea was to use PVC But with serious winds on the farm, i went with a steel tube approach. (50mm Dia, with 5mm Wall)

The steel needed a couple coats of Anti Rust Primer, For that heavy heat and humidity it will encounter in the hot summer months.

With a 5mm Wall on the tube, it has a risk of containing too much heat but if this problem does come up then i will fit a water pipe connection to the tube with a drain on the other side.   

3 Coats down and my back is in pieces 😅

1545887149_IMG_20181229_092204asd.thumb.jpg.9d63750b1fce11e5a043986f0efc0e72.jpg

• Like 3

LoL you bend that with tubeybender? That should be pretty sufficient bru. Have a joint for the back

12 hours ago, Pat999 said:

LoL you bend that with tubeybender? That should be pretty sufficient bru. Have a joint for the back

"Joint for the back" 😂

I'm stealing that one for sure !!!

Cheated a bit on the polls as they where already bent just catching dust on a friends farm so brought them back to life and back into service :classic_cool: 

• Like 1

With the polls sprayed, it was time to start with the welding and anchoring.

As seen in the photo, i cant weld for shit 😅 So the "civil buddy" was called to the fronts.

IMG_20181229_125808.thumb.jpg.a35638ef4914080182afc2bc53284aa2.jpg

With the legs and center joints welded, it was time for the big lift into the holes.

IMG_20181229_125203.thumb.jpg.4ee74635af057949a36dea548aa40b13.jpg

6X Knee deep holes dug out, poles placed into them and filled up 3/4 with cement.

IMG_20181229_163010.thumb.jpg.61caff3ed3f81e88a6cf95a9db9c72c8.jpg

And with that, we have our poles standing strong :classic_rolleyes:

IMG_20181229_170343.thumb.jpg.9e7f4ce416b879eb0350a34d3529ce0a.jpg

• Like 6

Half of the structure is now up but before the wood can be placed into level shallow gutters for the ground structure, we needed to finish up on the electrical and water piping gutters witch will be under the wood structure.

Please link any friends who believe stoners are lazy :-thumbsup

2090084109_PhotofromMarek_asd.thumb.jpg.90c59d944c543b322957838f696e53a9.jpg

Gutter into the GH dug out, time for electrical and water pipping to move in.

IMG_20190103_092409.thumb.jpg.d4c8cf0048026367c5e7368640831c40.jpg

Running the electrical cable into 20mm conduit was a beach, for the rest its just some elbow grease. 

Time to close her up!

180460369_PhotofromMarek_(1).thumb.jpg.4adba620602aeab284e14e7d74dd560c.jpg

857966265_PhotofromMarek_.thumb.jpg.de799589711b8e31834e1b3d924d347b.jpg

My first sip of freedom :classic_rolleyes:

15502947_PhotofromMarek_as.thumb.jpg.31b5a48219cf6fe595e4093d10e3ca03.jpg

• Like 5

Speak for yourself bru, I'm super lazy

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

Speak for yourself bru, I'm super lazy

Jirre. I started sweating on the first pic. Excuse the pun. I cant even drive one of those.:-hilarious

But lekker seeing the progress. I know who to call when i want a greenhouse. 😉

• Like 2