First time grow

KlutcH

Howzit guys,

These are my first grows ever, black domina xxl auto. Day7, coco mix, grow, ill be posting frequent updates here and probably going to be asking a load of questions!

My mother (haha) is busy growing GSC x2 and Ed Rosenthal x1, ill maybe post a few pics of these as well.d1cc14861b2b1bd5ba58e2a4b6b54f2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice, one word of advice regarding the checkers pots - when its time to transplant remove the entire thing from the pot or just cut the bottom out, that cardboard restricts roots and they take longer to poke through.I wont use Checkers pots again after seeing them stunt the plants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Batista said:

Nice, one word of advice regarding the checkers pots - when its time to transplant remove the entire thing from the pot or just cut the bottom out, that cardboard restricts roots and they take longer to poke through.I wont use Checkers pots again after seeing them stunt the plants.

I was going to transplant both of them to 40L pots next week (the cardboard will be removed) . is that to early?

Yeah what Trailblazer said, another 2-3 weeks before transplanting.

It totally up to you how many times you want to transplant.If you are confident in your plants and your setup then go for it, if you are unsure then progress slowly, just dont let them get root bound.

• Like 1

IMO it depends on soil, strain and external factors. You may have a few fails, but once you get the hang of it, it's not hard. Each person believes in their own soil mix, but generally all contain potting soil, peat and perlite or vermiculite. I like a 40/40/20 mix, but each grower to his own opinion.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Trailblazer420 

Hehehe checkers! But yeah, beware of root restrictions as Batista said - happened to me and it sucked. I read the roots would just break through, but it takes long, and stunts growth - especially in autos.

Dude it could have been a snail - just prop the lady back up and you should either get snail pellets or your gonna want to wrap copper wire numerous times around the pot or the stem (if doing stem just beware that it does not restrict the stem),

if yu havent aready get yourself some neem oil for preventative spraying as a good natural pesticide!

As you may have read, autos don’t like transplanting because their veg time is so short that the shock may stunt them. That being said you can transplant them, just make extra care not to disturb the roots! Try not transplant the autos too much.

The photoperiods are all good for transplanting and I agree with what Batista and trailblazer420 have said, go up with size and how comfortable you are! Youre off to a good start ! Keep it up.

D1AA3EEA-B411-407F-8627-3A7B3E8FB804.jpeg

Edited by 18092018
  • Like 1

[mention=1249]Trailblazer420[/mention] 
Hehehe checkers! But yeah, beware of root restrictions as Batista said - happened to me and it sucked. I read the roots would just break through, but it takes long, and stunts growth - especially in autos.
Dude it could have been a snail - just prop the lady back up and you should either get snail pellets or your gonna want to wrap copper wire numerous times around the pot or the stem (if doing stem just beware that it does not restrict the stem),
if yu havent aready get yourself some neem oil for preventative spraying as a good natural pesticide!
As you may have read, autos don’t like transplanting because their veg time is so short that the shock may stunt them. That being said you can transplant them, just make extra care not to disturb the roots! Try not transplant the autos too much.
The photoperiods are all good for transplanting and I agree with what Batista and trailblazer420 have said, go up with size and how comfortable you are! Youre off to a good start ! Keep it up.
D1AA3EEA-B411-407F-8627-3A7B3E8FB804.thumb.jpeg.22dd7bdd09bb8e297bf71f3eb05a9051.jpeg
Thanks for the info

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So, you see in a few photos were the leaves are curling upwards at the edges, this is called canoeing, and happen when the plant is very hot. If move them to the shade you’ll see the leaves will go back to normal.

@Hochymama did make a good suggestion with the shade cloth as this will also protect them when there is hail and from some insects. It would also help with the sun a tad.... that being said @Totemic is also right, because I do the same. My seedlings are outside while I’m at work all day and they survive! But if you’re worried you should add some mulch (maybe perlite) to the top of your soil in attempt to keep the soil cooler... you can also provide insulation for the pots so that they don’t over heat and cook the roots, this will also help preserve the micro organisms in the soil from cooking. But the plants, with enough nutes and water, should be fine! But if your worried about it the cover the babies up! I don’t think it will harm them.

At the end end of the day you should make a decision and go with it. Maybe try one with shade cloth and try one without - we live and learn! Everyone is different :P good luck!

• Like 1