First Outdoor Grow - Advice Needed

Marijoohan

Hi everyone. I started my first grow about 21 days ago. I’m growing the Critical Mass CBD strain from dinafem in freedom farms soil using 10 liter freedom pots. 

So far they’ve been getting good sunlight and I can see them growing everyday. When I checked on hem this morning though one of them has started dropping quite a bit. I’m pretty sure this is because of overwatering. I would water them with 2 liters of ph balanced water. The last time I watered them was 4 days ago and the reading on my moisture meter is still in the wet region.

Anyway my question is this. Is this drooping caused by overwatering and what can I do to help my plants stand upright again?

TIA

66A67F89-B86D-4D63-AE6F-0E74C7F6AD9C.jpeg

340D4812-201E-4808-B237-7E87B7DCD681.jpeg

022C818B-7548-4D60-AA83-E68FAF914807.jpeg

1D3EA544-9179-425A-8C5E-180C55947C23.jpeg

DFC35123-CD78-4F62-83F0-BC462E8A27C1.jpeg

00D5A369-F87A-482B-BE69-2F8AB769B45C.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Trailblazer420 said:

They look a little dry to me. You should be able to water them every second day at that size, around 500ml each.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The top layer of soil is dry but if I put my finger in it I can feel it’s a bit moist. Plus the moisture meter says it’s wet. I don’t want to risk overwatering them. Isn’t 500ml too little for a 10 liter pot? I’ve read that you should water 1/4 the size of the pot every 2-3 days. Appreciate your help btw.

Edited by Marijoohan

I'm also guilty of the finger method of watering my plants, but try wait until your plant is almost totally dry without dying then pick her up and weigh her, so if she's  2kg dry weight feed her with X amount of water/nutes and then weigh her again and you'll have a base line to go by for a feeding schedule going forwards brother....

hope this helps....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hochymama said:

I'm also guilty of the finger method of watering my plants, but try wait until your plant is almost totally dry without dying then pick her up and weigh her, so if she's  2kg dry weight feed her with X amount of water/nutes and then weigh her again and you'll have a base line to go by for a feeding schedule going forwards brother....

hope this helps....

So if it’s a 10 liter pot and weighs 8kg’s I water her with 2 liters?

i just realized my reply made no sense.

Edited by Marijoohan
  • Like 1

The top layer of soil is dry but if I put my finger in it I can feel it’s a bit moist. Plus the moisture meter says it’s wet. I don’t want to risk overwatering them. Isn’t 500ml too little for a 10 liter pot? I’ve read that you should water 1/4 the size of the pot every 2-3 days. Appreciate your help btw.
Normal I grow out in 5L pots, however I have an outdoor plant that is in a 10L pot, currently nearing final flowering. I give her about 1 L water a day, generally just around her stem area, HOWEVER, she is a little bonzai and not a conventional tree like my other plants. Bigger plants obviously need mire water.

With her I also just pick up the pot to feel how heavy it is. Soil growing is so complicated :) :) :)

2 hours ago, Trailblazer420 said:

Normal I grow out in 5L pots, however I have an outdoor plant that is in a 10L pot, currently nearing final flowering. I give her about 1 L water a day, generally just around her stem area, HOWEVER, she is a little bonzai and not a conventional tree like my other plants. Bigger plants obviously need mire water.

With her I also just pick up the pot to feel how heavy it is. Soil growing is so complicated 🙂 🙂 🙂

How many grams do you usually get from the 5l pot?

3 hours ago, Marijoohan said:

So if it’s a 10 liter pot and weighs 8kg’s I water her with 2 liters?

i just realized my reply made no sense.

So if your pot weighs 8kg dry and you water with 2lt and after she weighs 9.5kg then you only water again realistically when she's 8kgs again......Shout if ya need more help.