Ph pen/strip/liquid

greenkush

So can anyone advise on which they prefer pen/strips/liquid. I tripped last night in the dark and somehow managed to throw my pen in the air, knocked against the wall, did a double backflip into a bucket of water. So its fucked. Now it was a cheap garbage 200R job. Now i find myself on the market for a new one, I really don't feel like forking out 900R for a new pen, I could get another 300R job, but am wondering if anyone has just tried those standard pool test kits for a rough range on their ph. 

13 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Strips and liquid are useless . If you want to check your ph use a proper digital ph pen , you get what you pay for as well so get a good quality one. If you growing organically dont waste your money , a ph meter is not needed 

I prefer to adjust my water, I use regular tap water and it tastes like i been sucking on a lime stone. i.e. its alkaline as hell. 

That being said I do hear what your'e saying regarding the pen vs liquids.

20 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Strips and liquid are useless . If you want to check your ph use a proper digital ph pen , you get what you pay for as well so get a good quality one. If you growing organically dont waste your money , a ph meter is not needed 

HM, Hanna and blue lab I see are all available. I take it they are all good enough 

@greenkush 

Maintaining proper pH is always important.  pH pens do the exact same job as pH strips or drops, they are precise tho and give you a reading down to 2 decimal places.

When it comes to sensitive scientific equipment, price will impact on materials and build quality. Investing in a reputable brand is worth it, as they have great customer support and accurate equipment. Try Hanna, Bluelab, Eutech etc.

37 minutes ago, TomHill said:

@greenkush 

Maintaining proper pH is always important.  pH pens do the exact same job as pH strips or drops, they are precise tho and give you a reading down to 2 decimal places.

When it comes to sensitive scientific equipment, price will impact on materials and build quality. Investing in a reputable brand is worth it, as they have great customer support and accurate equipment. Try Hanna, Bluelab, Eutech etc.

Yes thanks I already bought a HM yesterday:)

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 1