Gavita growers info, advice , setup.

Grow Bro

Hi guys and girls! 

Hopefully we have some female growers here on SA420 too?

I would like to hear from anyone using Gavita lights and controllers if you use them .

Like how long you been using it for?

How many harvests and quality?

Did you replace bulb after a year like manufacturers suggest?

How many watts it is? 

Do you use full power?

How big an area are you using to grow, height too.

Are you using AC?

Are you using dehumidifier?

Many thanks and hope you all have a Gavita day!!

Any light that puts out a 1000 watts in a 2x2x3 is going to need ample ventilation, ample cooling. A friend of mine runs two 1000's and it feels like a sauna if he doesnt run the aircon, due to the nature of those lights there is no cooling them directly (read: air cooled hoods). 

Have you thought about going LED?

Any light that puts out a 1000 watts in a 2x2x3 is going to need ample ventilation, ample cooling. A friend of mine runs two 1000's and it feels like a sauna if he doesnt run the aircon, due to the nature of those lights there is no cooling them directly (read: air cooled hoods).

Have you thought about going LED?

I have been through about 5 Led's including a cob.

And you know what? Most old growers always go back to HID lighting. Found CMH and HPS the way.

You might pay on elec bill but the quality more than makesup for it. 

My brother in law in the AC buisness. 

Already ordered a small split unit air con from him. 

I kept 1 LED and thats used for veg only.

If i could have a Led it would be Mars Hydro or the likes! In SA u kak en betaal 4 that. 

Shot bro.

I use multiple gavita 750 lights sealed room 24000 btu cooling co2 enricher. I have the master controller as well and run my lights at 862w (115%) been using them for about a year and am just about to replace the bulbs and reflectors .

You don't get a better light and the 750w will kill  regular 1000w on yield . If you have the money and dont buy gavita you wasting your money.

I use multiple gavita 750 lights sealed room 24000 btu cooling co2 enricher. I have the master controller as well and run my lights at 862w (115%) been using them for about a year and am just about to replace the bulbs and reflectors .

You don't get a better light and the 750w will kill  regular 1000w on yield . If you have the money and dont buy gavita you wasting your money.

Agreed, If i had height space I would have gone for two of them.

Now thats what i like to hear. Im not new at growing so i need no convincing about HID. 

Waisted about 20k on Led and was never happy. My best bra gave me a 400w hps which i put in 1mx1m tent and booooom. Their it was . 

I was happy. 

Even more so now.  

As you can see on my signiture im about to build a gavita grow room  so your input will be great.

Also want to go sealed. Will need some pointers through the build. Will document it here.

Hope you got a resealable amount of grow experience before jumping into a sealed room , best of luck bud

Never done co2 before but willing to give it a go.  Been growing indoors a few yrs now ek se. But helpful advice will be cool. What i mean is room must be sealed for obvious reasons.  Wont run co2 yet but if i do i want to make it easier for the future.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hope you got a resealable amount of grow experience before jumping into a sealed room , best of luck bud

Never done co2 before but willing to give it a go.  Been growing indoors a few yrs now ek se. But helpful advice will be cool. What i mean is room must be sealed for obvious reasons.  Wont run co2 yet but if i do i want to make it easier for the future.

If your plants are co2 starved it won’t matter what lights you have, if your room won’t be getting fresh air from outside via a vent or fan you best invest in a co2 bottle and regulator. You can even invest in one that has atmospheric controls (about 6-9k) or you just cycle them between the fans.  That is how I will be doing it, but I’m pulling fresh air constantly from outside and exhausting it else where, ideally I’m trying to keep my ppm if co2 around 1300-1500.

Ive got 150mm extractor to vent out and will get one to blow in. Its it cool basement garage. 

But will appreciate tour input to do it right 1st time.  Getting air con too.

So do u set it up that if it gets to hot then extractors kick in? Gavitas have auto dim too if temps get to high.

Want to do this right. That's why i started this topic.

Shot for the help bro

If your plants are co2 starved it won’t matter what lights you have, if your room won’t be getting fresh air from outside via a vent or fan you best invest in a co2 bottle and regulator. You can even invest in one that has atmospheric controls (about 6-9k) or you just cycle them between the fans.  That is how I will be doing it, but I’m pulling fresh air constantly from outside and exhausting it else where, ideally I’m trying to keep my ppm if co2 around 1300-1500.

Ive got 150mm extractor to vent out and will get one to blow in. Its it cool basement garage.  

But will appreciate tour input to do it right 1st time.  Getting air con too.

So do u set it up that if it gets to hot then extractors kick in? Gavitas have auto dim too if temps get to high.

Shot for the help bro

Never done co2 before but willing to give it a go.  Been growing indoors a few yrs now ek se. But helpful advice will be cool. What i mean is room must be sealed for obvious reasons.  Wont run co2 yet but if i do i want to make it easier for the future.

If your plants are co2 starved it won’t matter what lights you have, if your room won’t be getting fresh air from outside via a vent or fan you best invest in a co2 bottle and regulator. You can even invest in one that has atmospheric controls (about 6-9k) or you just cycle them between the fans.  That is how I will be doing it, but I’m pulling fresh air constantly from outside and exhausting it else where, ideally I’m trying to keep my ppm if co2 around 1300-1500.

The best would be is to time your co2 to release for within the first 2 hours of the lights coming on, they don't absorb the co2 in the dark cycle. They will then use the c02 for the next few hours of the light period. Obviously you're not going to want to be pulling out the air while the co2 is releasing.  Due to the fact that your grow space is relatively small you can calculate the the cubic feet of the area, determine the valve release rate and then determine how long you'd need to run the c02 to get to the desired level of co2. However if you have/invest in the co2 controller you could wire it up so that when the ppm drops to the low end it switches off the fans, turn on the c02 again and refills the room (best solution, but extremely expensive). So the cheaper option is to fill room, work on a best guess average of say 3 hours for the plants to use, turn off extract fan, fill room and that's it. In flower you'd essentially do it 4 times in veg 6 times.

Edit:

1. What CFM rating is your fan? Are you going to connect a carbon filter?

2. You ideally want your fans running 24/7, if you're trying to get fresh air in and keep the smell away (I run mine like that)

3. Autodimming is nice, but better to maintain room temps than let the light do it for you.

Shot for the help bro

The best would be is to time your co2 to release for within the first 2 hours of the lights coming on, they don't absorb the co2 in the dark cycle. They will then use the c02 for the next few hours of the light period. Obviously you're not going to want to be pulling out the air while the co2 is releasing.  Due to the fact that your grow space is relatively small you can calculate the the cubic feet of the area, determine the valve release rate and then determine how long you'd need to run the c02 to get to the desired level of co2. However if you have/invest in the co2 controller you could wire it up so that when the ppm drops to the low end it switches off the fans, turn on the c02 again and refills the room (best solution, but extremely expensive). So the cheaper option is to fill room, work on a best guess average of say 3 hours for the plants to use, turn off extract fan, fill room and that's it. In flower you'd essentially do it 4 times in veg 6 times.

Edit:

2. You ideally want your fans running 24/7, if you're trying to get fresh air in and keep the smell away (I run mine like that)

3. Autodimming is nice, but better to maintain room temps than let the light do it for you.

So u don't run ac to keep room cooler when adding co2. I usually run extractors 24/7. But with co2 you dont want to waist.

Cfm not sure. Im away now not used in a yr. Auto dimming very nice when you go away from home for 3 weeks at a time. Just an extra fail safe.

But not to worry. Will workit out. 

The budget is OK!!

But will appreciate tour input to do it right 1st time.  Getting air con too.

Shot for the help bro

Never done co2 before but willing to give it a go.  Been growing indoors a few yrs now ek se. But helpful advice will be cool. What i mean is room must be sealed for obvious reasons.  Wont run co2 yet but if i do i want to make it easier for the future.

If your plants are co2 starved it won’t matter what lights you have, if your room won’t be getting fresh air from outside via a vent or fan you best invest in a co2 bottle and regulator. You can even invest in one that has atmospheric controls (about 6-9k) or you just cycle them between the fans.  That is how I will be doing it, but I’m pulling fresh air constantly from outside and exhausting it else where, ideally I’m trying to keep my ppm if co2 around 1300-1500.

The best would be is to time your co2 to release for within the first 2 hours of the lights coming on, they don't absorb the co2 in the dark cycle. They will then use the c02 for the next few hours of the light period. Obviously you're not going to want to be pulling out the air while the co2 is releasing.  Due to the fact that your grow space is relatively small you can calculate the the cubic feet of the area, determine the valve release rate and then determine how long you'd need to run the c02 to get to the desired level of co2. However if you have/invest in the co2 controller you could wire it up so that when the ppm drops to the low end it switches off the fans, turn on the c02 again and refills the room (best solution, but extremely expensive). So the cheaper option is to fill room, work on a best guess average of say 3 hours for the plants to use, turn off extract fan, fill room and that's it. In flower you'd essentially do it 4 times in veg 6 times.

Edit:

So u don't run ac to keep room cooler when adding co2. I usually run extractors 24/7. But with co2 you dont want to waist.

Cfm not sure. Im away now not used in a yr. Auto dimming very nice when you go away from home for 3 weeks at a time. Just an extra fail safe.

The budget is OK!!

I don't run an AC because I'm running LED, the maximum my heat sink's get are about 40.c, I run my lights at night flushing in cool air from outside, so my room stays a comfortable 24-27.c.  Yes, you don't want to waste the c02 so you'll just need to work out the calculations and timing. You go away for three weeks? I'm assuming its hydro with a massive res.

Son in training bro. Things have changed since we were kids. Lol.

Wife can do the job fine too.

Can check out Grow Bro on 420 mag.

But was off for a yr and a bit till a few weeks back.

Justin told me about this 420sa.

Shot for the help bro

The best would be is to time your co2 to release for within the first 2 hours of the lights coming on, they don't absorb the co2 in the dark cycle. They will then use the c02 for the next few hours of the light period. Obviously you're not going to want to be pulling out the air while the co2 is releasing.  Due to the fact that your grow space is relatively small you can calculate the the cubic feet of the area, determine the valve release rate and then determine how long you'd need to run the c02 to get to the desired level of co2. However if you have/invest in the co2 controller you could wire it up so that when the ppm drops to the low end it switches off the fans, turn on the c02 again and refills the room (best solution, but extremely expensive). So the cheaper option is to fill room, work on a best guess average of say 3 hours for the plants to use, turn off extract fan, fill room and that's it. In flower you'd essentially do it 4 times in veg 6 times.

Edit:

The budget is OK!!

I don't run an AC because I'm running LED, the maximum my heat sink's get are about 40.c, I run my lights at night flushing in cool air from outside, so my room stays a comfortable 24-27.c.  Yes, you don't want to waste the c02 so you'll just need to work out the calculations and timing. You go away for three weeks? I'm assuming its hydro with a massive res.

Top of the morning mr.GBro I see what ya did there, I just made the connection with your 420mag journal...haha

I'm ahead of the game as I been following here to before I saw your journal that side....

Nice one brother.....

Thanks Bro..

Much appreciated. 

Sometimes its better just to be low key  and not not make like you know it all.

After all we dont know how long others have been growing and what they know.

But thats why we here to help and learn from each other.