decriminalisation - weed in my car?

Heinrichvr

Hi All!

So I know im allowed to have weed in my possession at home... my question is though... am I allowed to go on Holiday and drive up the garden route from Cape Town with weed and not be frightened of getting in trouble in a roadblock?

If I were to get pulled over and asked whether I have dagga in my vehicle, can I with confidence say yes without any risk of getting in trouble?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

You can have it at home, on your person and in your car without issue. What you are not able to do is use it in your car while driving on a public road.

The judgement all revolves around privacy and not particularly weed itself.

So basically to answer you in short, yes you can travel with it.

I myself will be flying to JHB mid month and shall be packing some in my hand luggage.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can have it at home, on your person and in your car without issue. What you are not able to do is use it in your car while driving on a public road.

I myself will be flying to JHB mid month and shall be packing some in my hand luggage.

Will be interesting to see the dogs going beserk at the airport :P

Will be interesting to see the dogs going beserk at the airport

They need re-training

Man it's so confusing right now because transportation of weed can still be deemed dealing so does it have to fit in my pocket or be in my pocket when driving? Not even sure if a car counts as a private space? And what if the airline's policy is no "drugs" onboard, does that infringe on this ruling? I'm allowed to own a fire extinguisher but  I can't bring one on a plane because of their rules....gonna be a long 2 years

You can have flammable liquid but you can carry a lighter....for me it's moderation. I don't intend of taking a shit load with me lol. With regards to Car, yes you may transport it in your car as it falls under part of your privacy, one cannot smoke in your car because your car is travelling on a public road. Explain in that manner to me by a SAPS official.