A great day for South Africa drug policy - drugscience.org.uk

420SA

Paragraph of the day :

In the meanwhile, employees and employers both had better look at the exact wording of policies around drugs and inebriation at work, because a blanket reference to "alcohol, illegal drugs, and prescription medication", such as those now commonly found, don't strictly apply to dagga anymore

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Paragraph of the day :

In the meanwhile, employees and employers both had better look at the exact wording of policies around drugs and inebriation at work, because a blanket reference to "alcohol, illegal drugs, and prescription medication", such as those now commonly found, don't strictly apply to dagga anymore

Want to see which big corporation will be the first to enforce that lol

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

It's important to have as many countries that legalize it as possible and I am very happy about that. I feel like when the drugs will be legalized (at least the soft ones like marijuana) the less people will look for something stronger in my opinion. I have worked as a volunteer in many rehab centers and I have seen what cocaine and heroin and meth do to a person. It is not a pretty sight that's for sure.

I have always been interested in helping people, that is why I have been volunteering at the rehab center. I really think that a lot of people don't understand just how hard it is drop a destructive pattern like drug addiction. I have been studying different Drug rehabilitation programs (specifically those they use in this rehab center I volunteer at) in a way to understand what works for certain people and what doesn't to sort of be able to help them get there faster. I am writing a thesis on this. I am hoping that soon the rehab protocols will be optimized in such a way that we will be able to help people get better so much faster. That's why I think that the veil between drugs and people should be as transparent as possible so people would know what awaits them if they become addicted but also I want them to know that we are there to help them in any way we can to get through it

Edited by lysagrey93
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, Trailblazer420 said:

Yeah, even though it's now legal to enjoy at home, they'll find a way

They have already found their way. They have made it legal to use a product that it is illegal to procure. That means that only people who have the capital, facilities and skills can legally enjoy the product. It's a Catch 22. Unless they make it legal to trade, the so-called legal use of cannabis in private spaces is practically impossible for most people to achieve, who neither have the time nor the inclination to grow and don't have friends who grow either. So yeah, they already have their way. They have defined the criminal terms and the punishments are cruel to say the least. South Africa would do well to look to the examples that other countries are setting and open the economy to all and earn a fortune in tax revenue. Making it a legal activity would include children who will be assisting legacy growers with their work as part of the day's activities. Our government has our legislation all wrong. They are out of touch, in denial and they think they have found a creative way to continue Prohibition with even stricter law. Peace out and Namaste.