Can someone explain what this means and how they difffer:

Fluxing

HST

LST

Mainlining

Scrog

Sog

Super cropping

I would tell you bud but Google will be your best friend in this case as you'll get far more comprehensive answers...

Just google each term followed by the word "cannabis" e.g search " Fluxing cannabis" "LST cannabis" and so on.

I know I can google it, but if you can just google stuff what's the point of this forum if you can't ask questions and have convos about this stuff, saying google it is just stifles a discussion. I know I'm new and you're probably tired of answering stupid questions, but if you want this forum to become more lively, this isn't the way to do it, this actually discourages discourse.....

Anyway thanks.....

Oh this is just torture.....

Can someone explain what this means and how they difffer:

Fluxing

HST

LST

Mainlining

Scrog

Sog

Super cropping

Top of the morning Chrislovesdagga[/member] I trust this finds you well brother. Let's see if I can help out with some of those ..

Mainline - is all about symmetry and getting all the colas same amount of nutrients so they can grow to an even height.

Flux - is very similiar to above but I personally think it's a more refined method of a mainline . If you think of a wooden skeleton frame of a ships rib cage that is what a flux resembles once chopped... Now at the main 2 growth points on flux it's for a continuous nutrient flow to all arms that will end up being your main colas....as long as you keep the 2 growth points slightly higher than the rest of your tops to keep that continuity of flow working...

LST - is Low Stress Training where you bend the branch with breaking it into a more pliable condition by rolling it gently between your fingers or gently bending over your finger. Then you can attach pipe cleaners or plant ties to the branches you want to keep trained in order to achieve your target...

HST - is similiar to above but predominantly used outdoors as it involves less labor and materials needed, also only recommended during veg..

SCROG - ( Screen of Green ) similiar to lst except you use a screen/netting to create your canopy instead of lst so you wait for your plant to grow into your screen, then you essentially weave the branches under/between netting to create your level canopy and this lends to a sturdy support base for your colas....

SOG - ( Sea of Green ) so what you are doing here is creating an even canopy of colas but this method is done in small pots mainly as you are only mainly aiming for a single cola I believe but I might be mistaken...

Topping - Topping is a simple ( HST ) method requiring little tools a pair of trimmer snips or scissors even your fingernails will do the trick. The goal is to remove the top of the plant, which will result in the top buds turning into 2 new branches, additionally it sends a shock to the rest of the plant that promotes growth in the lower branches...

FIM - ( fuck I missed ) Now this is a more complicated version of topping, FIM involves removing a very specific amount of the top portion of the plant. By scoping out only the top most region of the new growth, the goal is to produce four-off shooting branches instead of two. Because of the complexity, this method takes significantly more time. 

Super Cropping -  Stem mutilation is a more aggressive version of LST. Instead of tying down the top you're bending the branch until the fibers in the stem break and it folds over. The goal is not to snap the branch or even tear the skin of the stalk.

To best do this , find the location you wish to break the branch and begin to roll and squeeze the stem. You will be able to feel it weaken and break down, and it will eventually be able to fall over. This method will give the rest of the plant more exposure to light and time to catch up to this top stalk.

I've include a pic explaining the difference between topping and fimming..

I hope this helps you out brother and feel free to ask questions for you are uncertain..

image.thumb.png.a01b0cd7b1f89671eb71ec9946a39393.png

• Thanks 2

I know I can google it, but if you can just google stuff what's the point of this forum if you can't ask questions and have convos about this stuff, saying google it is just stifles a discussion. I know I'm new and you're probably tired of answering stupid questions, but if you want this forum to become more lively, this isn't the way to do it, this actually discourages discourse.....

Anyway thanks.....

My apologies bud you're 110% right, I actually made this into its own thread shortly after my lazy reply to allow guys to answer your question. Was actually meant to remove my reply cos as you say, that's what the forum is here for :sillyass you're more than welcome to change the thread title if you want.

Ok cool, very interesting.....

So I just popped into the hydroponic store, it's like literally around the corner, who knew!

And the got EVERYTHING! Wow!

But for now, I just bought  1 30L?  Freedom farm soil and 1 40L grow baggy thingy.

I know you guys said to get the ph thingy and uppers and downers, but I just wanted to see the shop first at least.....

Still can't believe it's like almost right behind my home! 

Anyway, still got the regular lemon haze and durban poison seeds, figured I'd start with one seed....

Busy running a flux at the mo have a thread up, Will put more pics when I can get my lazy ass into remembering to take pics more often. As stated above its more refined than mainlining and could not agree more there is a bit more to it. My first time running flux and its difo to mainling. Hope it works out and is worth the extra work. Proof is in the end result i guess

If you're new to growing just grow out the plant normally or perhaps try the LST. The biggest mistake ppl including myself made when starting out is we don't KISS.

Keep it simple Stupid . Keep things simple in the beginning or perhaps take one plant to experiment with if your growing a few. When, cause it's happened to all of us, you snap a branch merely tape it up with some support like a broken leg.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

If you're new to growing just grow out the plant normally or perhaps try the LST. The biggest mistake ppl including myself made when starting out is we don't KISS.

Keep it simple Stupid . Keep things simple in the beginning or perhaps take one plant to experiment with if your growing a few. When, cause it's happened to all of us, you snap a branch merely tape it up with some support like a broken leg.

Totally agree.  Cannabis grew just fine without us for thousands of years so intervention at the beginning isn't necessary. Once you've got a grip of how to grow the plant, then you can look at boosting your yields.

On the other hand if you're dead set on getting as much out of your grow as you can, then look at the basic methods like LST as Josh says or even just an old fashioned topping.

Ok cool, very interesting.....

So I just popped into the hydroponic store, it's like literally around the corner, who knew!

And the got EVERYTHING! Wow!

But for now, I just bought  1 30L?  Freedom farm soil and 1 40L grow baggy thingy.

I know you guys said to get the ph thingy and uppers and downers, but I just wanted to see the shop first at least.....

Still can't believe it's like almost right behind my home!

Anyway, still got the regular lemon haze and durban poison seeds, figured I'd start with one seed....

Awe, that's a moerse pot bru. Can I suggest staggering your pot size. Start off small, like in a solo cup, then bump it up as required.

As for nutes. Seeing as you're going organic, look at biobizz. I use it. My tap waters pH is around 9, the grow and bloom mix drops it to around 6.0-5.7. I haven't used my pH pen since I noticed the numbers during veg and i'm harvesting next week.

• 2 months later...