First grow: nothing fancy

Chrislovesdagga

I got 10 regular lemon haze and 10 regular durban poison seeds about a year or so ago, was to scared when I heard it grows quite high, but I want to go for it now....

My plan is to first soak it in water like the supplier told me, then just  get regular 321 flower potting. Soil and I have some bone meal and that water crystal stufff that goes like jelly and just stick the seeds in there and put it outside and just hope for the best, I don't have the capital for a growbox and all the equipment that goes into that, but I have the seeds and I figure it's not called weed for nothing, 

I want to keep it as simple as possible, so any advice will be much appreciated, there's tonnes of YouTube videos, online articles and everything where they make shit crazy complicated to increase yield and potency, but I just want to try something very basic and so I'm asking for advice with that in mind.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, you ask and we'll see where we can help. Other than the soil, a ph pen and some nutrients and you'll be flying. Don't make the basic mistakes of over watering, feed at the correct PH, keep it simple initially and don't be shy to ask.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Evening there CLD, you can soak in water for 24 hours and then into soil or into paper towel till you see a tap root then into soil it depends on which you are most comfortable with, myself I do the soak and into soil thing or paper towels first depends on my mood....haha

Depending on your end pot size I would consider planting up in stages. Like a 1litre pot to 10 litre to 20 litre. This gives you the opportunity to get a nice root ball going. You also would need to water less at a time and will allow you to flush the soil from time to time to negate the threat of salt build up in the soil. In other words every second or third feed ensure you have some decent run off to ensure salt build up is washed away. All good to perhaps have 3 feeds in a row and one just plain water to assist. Glad to see your journey has began, good luck

:'( no... Nothing yet.... I put it in water for 24 hrs and both seeds sank, put it in the soil and gave water and checked daily if comes up and the soil isn't dried up or too wet. Don't know how much longer I must give it... I do have some more seeds of both....

Did the seeds sink immediately after being placed in the water? Usually that's a bad sign

I've chatted to the oke from biltong and buds, he reckons it can still germinate, but said I should actually keep it in water next time till it cracks and then  only do the paper towel thing till the tap root shoots out. He's actually really nice and I can't wait to get hold of his seeds when he gets  his new shipment arrives. I feel kinda silly not knowing his name......  I told him you guys recommended him.

IMG_20180915_182209

It's starting!

Thanks guys! It's in the FF and I only give tap water at the moment, but read what you said about nutrients and filter water, I'll buy the nutrients and monitoring pens and stuff on payday, but so glad to see at least one seed come up, my other seeds are all still soaking. 

I signed up to flickr with an anonymous email, still struggling to get it to show the pics, been trying since Friday to share this pic, but I'm now just going to try plainly pasting the url without the image codes which hasn't been helpful.....

IMG_20180915_182209

It's starting!

Thanks guys! It's in the FF and I only give tap water at the moment, but read what you said about nutrients and filter water, I'll buy the nutrients and monitoring pens and stuff on payday, but so glad to see at least one seed come up, my other seeds are all still soaking.

I signed up to flickr with an anonymous email, still struggling to get it to show the pics, been trying since Friday to share this pic, but I'm now just going to try plainly pasting the url without the image codes which hasn't been helpful.....

Why do you not post directly to the site if I may ask

Dunno, think the site's data capabilities has some bad juju..... keeps on blocking cause: file size....

I haven't got around to it, but will take new pics tonight.

P.S. keep us posted on today's concourt, I can only catch the highlights tonight

It's because your  images are massive resolutions, downsample/scale them.

• Image Width - 3120
  • Image Height - 4160