First grow: nothing fancy

Chrislovesdagga

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A good start. What I like to do is fill my container up half way and then pop the seed in, seedlings tend to stretch quite a bit in the beginning. In that manner you can back fill the container up to cover the stalk that stretched.

Added to that, you should never have more that one seedling in a pot, roots will become entangled and kill off each other.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

A good start. What I like to do is fill my container up half way and then pop the seed in, seedlings tend to stretch quite a bit in the beginning. In that manner you can back fill the container up to cover the stalk that stretched.

Added to that, you should never have more that one seedling in a pot, roots will become entangled and kill off each other.

Darnit.... okay will make a plan to transplant them in individual pots this weekend....

The big one is my pride and joy, it's the first one I planted. The others I know I seriously need to get in their own pots this weekend.

One of my seedlings got hurt from watering, guess it'll just have to die if it don't want to fight for life, but it's still pretty green...

Plus I'm waiting for my baard kush seeds from seedside, but really have no clue what this strain even is, all I know it's sativa dominant and that it was popular in like the 70's....6a164b83452cd05490ccc1c5c4dfc6db.jpg8c1be5b1f6ebff3840e0489d55b262e4.jpg4b53a33550e7ebb2ca5ae4c6eef50868.jpg674dd69cf2c784554299dbec08f3d975.jpg

Morning Chris how you doing brother. Can't recall if I've introduced myself but " hello " ..haha

I see the guys have mentioned all the seedling in 1 pot which is messy come transplant time, a mate shared this with me and it works like a bomb for seed or clone and all you need is a 2lt coke bottle....  Basically think of a toilet roll cut into 3 parts.....

3-4cm high and you leave a lip on 1 side and a slit on the opposite side so the lip slides into slit and holds its shape....

Hope this helps..

image.jpeg.ba58004ca50e4b5df6b2dcea38a8313d.jpeg

Not enough coffee this am apologies.... You fill the container with your medium and place your seed or clone inside similiar to those seed pod things that expand after you've added water that you put your seed/clones into.

Once the roots appear you can transplant, this is from @Shadow and works very well..

Morning Chris how you doing brother. Can't recall if I've introduced myself but " hello " ..haha

I see the guys have mentioned all the seedling in 1 pot which is messy come transplant time, a mate shared this with me and it works like a bomb for seed or clone and all you need is a 2lt coke bottle....  Basically think of a toilet roll cut into 3 parts.....

3-4cm high and you leave a lip on 1 side and a slit on the opposite side so the lip slides into slit and holds its shape....

Hope this helps..

Supp Hochymama, you already feel like an old friend, can't remember either, but I think we've chatted a bit already or I liked some of the posts you've made, not sure how this helps me in my current predicament, that looks like creating a sort of miniaturized greenhouse almost where you plant seeds or seedlings in those silinders... I just stopped at builers to get more pots as my baard kush seeds also arrived today, plus I got my first nutrients, not sure if it's the right stuff....

If I misunderstood, can you like dumb it down a bit, otherwise what must I do, I want to get it out of those pots so they aren't in there all together, though of taking a piece of cutlery like a fork or spoon and just get it out of there...5b9cbf1ea51787f91c98c2f3ca7e1730.jpg25dc99bf28f46ba7e12be4b56b3cbaa6.jpg

I see the guys have mentioned all the seedling in 1 pot which is messy come transplant time, a mate shared this with me and it works like a bomb for seed or clone and all you need is a 2lt coke bottle....  Basically think of a toilet roll cut into 3 parts.....

Hope this helps..

Supp Hochymama, you already feel like an old friend, can't remember either, but I think we've chatted a bit already or I liked some of the posts you've made, not sure how this helps me in my current predicament, that looks like creating a sort of miniaturized greenhouse almost where you plant seeds or seedlings in those silinders... I just stopped at builers to get more pots as my baard kush seeds also arrived today, plus I got my first nutrients, not sure if it's the right stuff....

If I misunderstood, can you like dumb it down a bit, otherwise what must I do, I want to get it out of those pots so they aren't in there all together, though of taking a piece of cutlery like a fork or spoon and just get it out of there...5b9cbf1ea51787f91c98c2f3ca7e1730.jpg25dc99bf28f46ba7e12be4b56b3cbaa6.jpg

Evening Chris how ya doing brother.....haha. Apologies if I befuddled you, ok so best way I think to get those seeds out without intentionally damaging those roots would lie the pot/container on its side and gently get the soil out and then break the soil apart gently till you get the seedlings uncovered... I did it with seedlings before just got to be gentle...

Or a toilet roll shaped cylinder depending on how far apart those seedlings are and place around/over your seedling and push cylinder into ground as far as it can go then wiggle gently and pull cylinder out with seed and soil intact. Reason I suggest this is at that stage you should still be ok to do this as you have just the main tap root going down and no side roots developing much yet. I've also tried this and works like a charm as well just have to be gentle as you go about it....

I've never used the Nutrifeed before as the whole npk boggles my brain still....haha. I reckon it can work but if you can rather get a bottle of kelpak as that is fire for all your nutrients in all forms.....

Give a shout out if ya need any help I'm sure Justin and the guys will jump in if I can't..

Ok, just tried,  two of them got hurt just a hairline root came out for them, but the others I managed to get out well enough, the broken ones I dipped in rooting hormone, so, hoping for the best....

Just don't know which ones are swazi and lemon haze now, but I did get my baard kush seeds today so they're also in the water....

I tried, I also used some of that dr fisher multi grow flower nutrients on the strong ones.....

Haha it's all about the learning that's what I love about it... I think CCSA had the Daggabaard on auction a week ago one other this weekend...

Got this from Seedside (I don't do Facebook or instagram) on whatsapp and I'm actually surprised that it has Northern lights genetics in it, it's actually on of the strains on my wishlist, but I think at R120 for 3 seeds, it's a steal1cb028cb50d9bcc61927615acf1d10f1.jpg

I enjoy the kush strain and only smoked NL but didn't quite live up to its name but it depends on how it was grown that makes or breaks a grow and the outcome of the smoke finally..

But I have 5 NL f2s which I put into soil so I'm waiting for those to pop up and see how those go....

Throw the dice and see what magic unfolds....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I enjoy the kush strain and only smoked NL but didn't quite live up to its name but it depends on how it was grown that makes or breaks a grow and the outcome of the smoke finally..

But I have 5 NL f2s which I put into soil so I'm waiting for those to pop up and see how those go....

Throw the dice and see what magic unfolds....

That's really all one can do, throw the dice, do what you can and leave the rest up to chance, maybe one day when I start actually knowing the plant and her moods I can control stuff more. But I specifically asked around at the seedbanks for something that's strong and resilient, I know I'm not going to win a cannabis cup anytime soon, I expect to have stuff ups happening, but I'll get the hang of Mary Jane eventually...... 

I'm still learning everyday which is awsome, I tend to want over complicate things 60% of the time but I'm easing up on it as you tend to have hiccups if it goes awry....

Got a bunch of seeds to starting to make themselves known above soil so hopefully have some healthy baby's in the morning..haha