t8 build

Longee

Good day all would love to pick some brains on some very basic light making set up. Not long ago met up with a old friend that I have not grown with in years. After dusting of old kit and wanting to get his passion back .found out the 150w cfl is dead(veg mother room).

Quick price check and say "damn for one globe". Got that one as maybe one of the firsts in the country that size and spec going back a bit now.

Any way new Ideas and add ons are adding up. So have the plan to make a t8 tube setup that will take 4 tubes at 2ft. Tubes are cheap but for housing they want a lot for hardly much. 

Anyone made one them selves?

I can get 2 x 36w ballasts for R118 not sure of the thombstones

So for a 4 x 18w will need two ballasts and 8 tombstones already have diamond mylar for back covering. 

Why going this way is the space it can cover we can go two storey and double up for less than what they want for a off the self setup. 

Been Eyeing up led from growopz but will have to wait for a bit. Please tell me what you think and If you know of any decent places to get things from?

Any ideas or tips would be greatly recieved

Rather go t5, way better.

I'd honestly recommend going for LED. You can get from growopz, they make good stuff. But you can also import stuff from china for cheap. Bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out you can probably save a ton of money.

Pat999[/member] do you know anything electrical wise or techy my bru, as I'm also thinking along similiar lines...

I'm not that much into the electronic side brother but I agree with getting some Growopz Quantum Boards. They have them in 3000k which is a great all around board for veg and flowering if your space is a bit tight. The little QB board also pulls 60w each which isn't bad at all imo. Two of these lights over my veg tent. I was at first going to buy the exact same T5/8 setup but my friend convinced me otherwise. I'm happy I got the boards instead, much lighter, covers a pretty decent area and has good grow to it. If you can save up for one or two of these, I'd highly recommend it.

This is my tent with two of thosr boardsf6e8418b711bc6d8608b1ea0e7da2ac6.jpg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

I'd honestly recommend going for LED. You can get from growopz, they make good stuff. But you can also import stuff from china for cheap. Bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out you can probably save a ton of money.

Eish China import is such a mission. LoL I bought a Mars Hydro ii 700w light, it now finds a space in my closet.

Eish China import is such a mission. LoL I bought a Mars Hydro ii 700w light, it now finds a space in my closet.

Lol! You can also buy the exact cob setup I have from china, at a fraction of the local price.

And QB if you look around. But if you suck at DIY or have no idea what to order, then you pay a local premium for someone who does, like growopz - they have good stuff.

Lol! You can also buy the exact cob setup I have from china, at a fraction of the local price.

And QB if you look around. But if you suck at DIY or have no idea what to order, then you pay a local premium for someone who does, like growopz - they have good stuff.

Growopz also has Cobs for sale, I'd definitely go for those.

Yeah, but you can get them for about R3k from china, locally they cost around R7k.

But like I said, you pay for the convenience of having someone who knows what they are doing assembling, and warranties - granted you could just replace the entire unit for the same price if something went wrong on the DIY route lol.

Yeah, but you can get them for about R3k from china, locally they cost around R7k.

But like I said, you pay for the convenience of having someone who knows what they are doing assembling, and warranties - granted you could just replace the entire unit for the same price if something went wrong on the DIY route lol.

I agree fully bru. Hey if you know what's going on then go for it. But I know when I DIY'ed with Riaan my little panda tent and finished it my arsehole was nipping heavy, thinking if something could go wrong, nothing did go wrong but you never can be sure with electricity. My new setups all have surge plugs and such to keep it a little safer.

Thank you guys. I would love to go the led route but for now as its two seperate veg rooms. Think the t5s are the best option for us and will upgrade later on when we can. I have a friend that is a sparky so he can double check and tell me how to make sure its safe. 

The more I look into the leds the more I want them. Will have to find a pot of gold some where. Thanks for the advice guys wanted to see if anyone had gone down this road before.

• 2 weeks later...

Pat999[/member] do you know anything electrical wise or techy my bru, as I'm also thinking along similiar lines...

I'm not that much into the electronic side brother but I agree with getting some Growopz Quantum Boards. They have them in 3000k which is a great all around board for veg and flowering if your space is a bit tight. The little QB board also pulls 60w each which isn't bad at all imo. Two of these lights over my veg tent. I was at first going to buy the exact same T5/8 setup but my friend convinced me otherwise. I'm happy I got the boards instead, much lighter, covers a pretty decent area and has good grow to it. If you can save up for one or two of these, I'd highly recommend it.

This is my tent with two of thosr boardsf6e8418b711bc6d8608b1ea0e7da2ac6.jpg

Hey man!

I too have 2 x QB60s from growopz and was wondering how close i can get them to my canopy?

Growing a single plant 35 days into flower