Freedom Farm soil

Guest Reza

Noob question regarding soil. I would like to start my first grow using FF's soil mix as many seem to be quite happy with the product. What I would like to know is, do I need to add any other nutrients to the soil in the plants life cycle or is the nutrients in the soil suffice for it to grow and flower like a boss?

Also I read in a previous topic that they put fresh FF's soil once a week. Will that not put the plant in distress?

Any advice is appreciated

Rule of thumb is 1l soil for each week the plant is in the pot. Example...you can keep plant is a 10l pot for 10 weeks before it needs to be replaced. The FF soil should be good for the veg period, feeding the soil with a microbial tea is all that is required unless you pick up a deficiency. Flower you may need some flowering nutes to push bud production.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Rule of thumb is 1l soil for each week the plant is in the pot. Example...you can keep plant is a 10l pot for 10 weeks before it needs to be replaced. The FF soil should be good for the veg period, feeding the soil with a microbial tea is all that is required unless you pick up a deficiency. Flower you may need some flowering nutes to push bud production.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. Also can you just educate me on pot sizes and what litre pot is best to use? Do you always start off in a small pot then transplant into a bigger one? 

• 8 months later...

I've tried many different soils locally available. I've tried all the soil from hortishop and the organic soil from jamies garden shop.

The best soil in my opinion is supaflora from stodels. It's R100 for 10 liters tho. I add dolomite lime,bonemeal and DE. For nutes I use biobizz with Epsom salt. I'm very happy with the results

• 9 months later...

i use freedom farm soil pure for testing and i find some nute burn on and brown spots with CD1 strain , also royal gorrilla seems locked out , using just pure water so far , does anybody know how to make sure this soil works ? Something is not so cool with this soil. Something is running out .

cfb2b046-b248-4224-aa6e-8936dacce0a7.jpg

239b66ff-a519-464c-b7d7-bb196f8ccec0.jpg

Edited by spykerhond
picture