Soil to use

Hi Everyone , I have had experience with hydro but now looking to go organic. I know that you get freedom farms soil "have a bag already" but could u use normal lets say culturra or garden master potting soil add peat and perlite? 

Additional to that what would you feed weekly I know something similar to biobizz or organic fertilizers but what would work best.

A quick question

Do you want to feed the plants or do you want the soil to feed the plants?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll take option 2. Love organic :yipeeee

I use Freedom Farms due to the fact that it is the easiest. All you need to do is water as all the nutes are present, or at least most of it. Advice from a fellow 420 grower is to use 1l of soil for each week the plant is in the pot.

Alternatively you need to put together your own soil and amendments, because you can't just make use of potting in itself as it has very little of what the plant needs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 11/17/2017 at 1:23 PM, Deano86 said:

Hi Everyone , I have had experience with hydro but now looking to go organic. I know that you get freedom farms soil "have a bag already" but could u use normal lets say culturra or garden master potting soil add peat and perlite? 

Additional to that what would you feed weekly I know something similar to biobizz or organic fertilizers but what would work best.

I had a really bad experience with culterra products. I had to wipe my grow and bleach my entire tent and start from scratch. The culterra products (poting soil and compost) were full of bugs and after one night in my tent i found a ton of fungis knats flying all over. I have since switched to a premium potting soil. I am mixing it with pre buffered pure coco seedling mix in a 60/40 ratio along with some worm  castings amd perlite. I have mixed it so it has the same texture and feel to Freedom Farms soil. So far its been good using this mixture. I am covering the top soil with perlite now to make sure fungis knats dont get any chance to hatch eggs in my soil. My tent is completely bug free atm. 

• Like 1