First Cannabis Grow - DWC

420Gardener

Hi fellow gardeners. I have been into hydroponics for a while and decided to try my hand at cannabis cultivation. I have been growing these 2 plants for about 12 weeks now. They were at a 18/6 time schedule for 10 weeks and have been at 12/12 for 2 weeks now. They are each in a 20 litre black plastic bucket. Bubblers, Net pots, clay pellets and EGH nutrients. Growing in a 1,2m X 1,2m x 1,8m Mars Hydro Grow Tent. Light is a 600w equivilent Viparspectra LED full spectrum grow light.

I have used a scrog net to try to even out the canopy. ppm’s are sitting at about 1800ppm. Plants look really healthy to me but just checking if there is any advice on what I could be doing better? Or something I am doing wrong?

BTW new to the forum so hi!

Thanks all!

E5E78804-8607-4253-A09A-78DAEA030FBA.thumb.jpeg.44e825b44e0e9e3f6577298506cae1c1.jpeg

FFF6E507-C3CA-4F5F-AB5E-ACF702CB047D.thumb.jpeg.1f4fb6cd5e046235635135272283d499.jpeg

Welcome 420Gardener[/member] :-peace  

Stoked to see another hydro grower.

Looking good m8, and if you're having success stick to what works for you! As Budwizer mentioned, the PPM is jacked, especially if the conversion is x500 scale. 

As you're already netted in, you're probably pretty fixed for this run, but for the next, I'd recommend trying for a larger res. if you can find the space. I switched from a 20 liter bucket to a larger 45 liter tote (mid run) and pH is so much more stable with the extra water capacity.

Welcome 420Gardener[/member] :-peace 

Stoked to see another hydro grower.

Looking good m8, and if you're having success stick to what works for you! As Budwizer mentioned, the PPM is jacked, especially if the conversion is x500 scale.

As you're already netted in, you're probably pretty fixed for this run, but for the next, I'd recommend trying for a larger res. if you can find the space. I switched from a 20 liter bucket to a larger 45 liter tote (mid run) and pH is so much more stable with the extra water capacity.

Yea, 20litre buckets has been a mistake. I have to change the resevoir every 4-5 days just to keep the water level up...i guess that takes care of the ph too since i ph balance with each new refill. Haha

Apart from never attempting LED and being on my to do list the very next thing I'd love to do is dwc. I'm here to learn brother so keep them pjcs and info coming....

Plants are looking really good.

Hein

Welcome 420Gardener.

I just harvested my first grow and I love the control you have in DWC.

1800ppm would have my plants heading out the door, mine started complaining at anything over 550ppm!

Your plants look really happy though.

Keep the pics and comments coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Welcome 420Gardener.

I just harvested my first grow and I love the control you have in DWC.

1800ppm would have my plants heading out the door, mine started complaining at anything over 550ppm!

Your plants look really happy though.

Keep the pics and comments coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Duracell! Yea i agree, reading the other sections of the forum I feel lost whenever its not DWC. Just seems so complicated lol...

I reviewed my 1800 ppm statement and seemed to have made an error...er....i actually meant 1800 mEC / 1.8EC...so I guess thats about 900 ppm @ a 0.5 conversion factor. Sorry guys!

Anyways had to refill resevoirs this morning again and dropped EC a bit for safety and left pH at 6.2 naturally.

i actually meant 1800 mEC / 1.8EC...so I guess thats about 900 ppm @ a 0.5 conversion factor. Sorry guys!

Anyways had to refill resevoirs this morning again and dropped EC a bit for safety and left pH at 6.2 naturally.

Ah, that sounds better :-gthumb

Find what works for your strain(s), nutes and setup. I've peaked out at 1.8 EC (0.2 base water 1.6 nute) and generally sit a bit lower. Duracell's girls would've cried at that strength, mine would be deficient at the ±1.1EC levels Duracell's liked. If you're sampling the res. to check EC (and pH) regularly, you should get an idea of their needs based on any EC flux or marked flux in water level or pH, more often than not the res. *could* let you know what's up before the plants do. 

No worries, they’re clean.

Thanks Budwizer - now I can sleep easy again!

I was having a look at the girls this morning and noticed that at some points near and around the canopy where the leaves touch each other that there is some sort of liquid or wetness lying on the leaves. Are they sweating or something? Happen to anybody?

82D84A96-D3C3-4E6E-89FE-CC4BAD5982C0.thumb.jpeg.dfdd1d2465e3da10250f2ba5b2c318d2.jpeg

Yep, likely just transpiration, agree with CerealKilla. Gets trapped between the leaves and accumulates. Plant sweat is pretty much what it is. 

If they cannot be nudged or gently bent out the way to avoid sitting right on top of each other, I cut one. Not an issue in itself, but the moisture can provide a nice environment for molds and such. 

Pretty normal in my opinion. If you start seeing guttation (beads of 'sweat' collecting on the tips of the serrated leaf edges) it's possible water levels are a bit high in res. or RH is too high, or some air movement is required.