Nothing like bagseed

Guest Hein

Hey all

I been meaning to join the forum for a while now but for reasons I did not but its finally time to get back to what I love doing. Unfortunately my budget did not allow for any grow material or beans so I went old school on this introduction grow so I really hope this all works out. I got a few beans in some weed I bought a while back and chucked it in hot water and went on to planting 2 beans in a 25L pot. Both of them came up and one grew much faster and and was also the bigger plant which made me think that it might be male cause the other one was smaller. But the bigger one sexed female and I immediately pulled the other one. After that I pulled a scrog screen over the plant and scrogged her. The scrogg screen isn't there for a scrogg grow but more to keep the lady smaller and spacing out the branches. To keep her even more lower I dugg a whole and dropped her in there. She gets her 1st morning sun at 07:20 and it goes all the way through until + - 14:10.

The soil I'm growing in is not what I would've liked but its what I had and so far the lady is looking good. My mix consists of homemade compost , worm castings , horse manure , perilte and some left over soil from last season that was ammened a little and for the love of Organic two handful of red wrigglers.

If I'm not mistaken then she is + - 2 months old. I wanna say 6 weeks but I might be wrong. But that's not the point. I started feeding her last week and she is starting to look quite good. I am making my own compost tea which is quite......ghetto. LoL

25L drum, pillow case, horse manure and worm castings. I leave that in water for a week , stirring regularly, and that gives me more than enough tea for my Lady,  the Bonsai, the San Pedro's and the rest of my small patch that hasn't been destroyed by the sun and drought.

I will update as things progress. For flowering I will be getting Bio-Bloom. I want to try and make my own bloom fertilizer. I've read up a lot on the subject and watched a shit load of videos, so its time to get to making my own too. But that's a bit later.

Yeah that's it for now. Any questions or suggestions welcome.

PS: I'm struggling quite a bit to get my pics to upload. Its probably something I'm doing wrong. LoL.

Hein

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to 420SA Hein[/member] :-peace

Guys what kinda issues are you experiencing when trying upload pics? What browsers and devices are you attempting to do it from?

It's random, sometimes they just come up white, black or not at all. Also, I've had images under the 1500kb threshold resize to under 100kb. Then it comes up tiny. I'm using Tor browser (firefox)

Guys what kinda issues are you experiencing when trying upload pics? What browsers and devices are you attempting to do it from?

It's random, sometimes they just come up white, black or not at all. Also, I've had images under the 1500kb threshold resize to under 100kb. Then it comes up tiny. I'm using Tor browser (firefox)

Do these errors occur every time you try upload images or sometimes?

Thanx cerealkilla and 420SA.

Last night when tried to upload the pic upload gave the following problems:

1. It uploaded halfway with the rest of the pic being just stripes

2. When it uploaded eventually it came out upside down

3. Other times it just did not attach the image

I am using a tablet for my forum and I use chrome. If it keeps doing it I will upload as soon as I get to a PC. 

Blessings 

Hein

Do these errors occur every time you try upload images or sometimes?

Tonight it uploaded fine. If it happens again I'll let you know

Blessings

Hein

Hey Budwizer.

I saw that you too after a a few tries but even when I waited for the progress bar to finish it still gave problems. The last pic uploaded fine and I will upload again later this afternoon of the lady. Hopefully everything works out fine. 

Blessings

Hein

Hey all

Here is some update pics. One is in the garden and the other out of the garden just to see her a bit better. The soil is a sample of what I'm growing in. I'm also using the same soil for my tea. 

I will be feeding again later this afternoon. She is doing really well as apposed to last year when i grew in mother earth. That just turned out a huge failure cause my garden soil was not in such good shape as i thought. I am constantly super cropping her in hopes that ill get a decent yield. I will be alternating my feed. I like guano, not so much the smell, but the plants love it. I wanted to add micorizza but after reading through some of the threads I found that i had to introduce it before planting. 

I will be upping my tea recipe next week after going to the mountains and getting some soil samples for my aact. Another tip i found while browsing the forum. 

Blessings

Hein

CAM02984.thumb.jpg.43bef1db75231af2872acd318448f932.jpg

CAM02985.thumb.jpg.eab564acdb00142acb2f8ed17b03d87d.jpg

CAM02964.thumb.jpg.e082312cd60e32b0b2489d08cd53c061.jpg

[move]Ahoya[/move] :-rastadance

So its photo time again.... Damn I say it like I am uploading lots of pics. But anyway....

Here is she is before I am tying down again. I am gonna take the top right corner and pull it down a bit to level her out and the rest of the branches will be tied down. I will get a after pic tomorrow. I would love to have spend time with her this weekend bit movement in and around our house is quite a lot this weekend so I just left her. This whole week I was quite busy as well so this pics I took is the 1st time I'm actually inspecting her since last week. :poke

But so far everything looks quite good and she seems healthy. The ladybirds is out and about again this year and I have counted about 15 within a quick search. I know the lemon tree 10 meters away has a pest problem but that hasn't hindered me in anyway. 

I haven't fed her this week :-X ..... and I still have to de-chlorinate my water but that quick enough. I am on a weeks leave this coming week so she will be fed correctly and tendered to in the highest of standards. I got some "chronic" earlier this afternoon so there will BE time spent :-hilarious .

I will be bubbling my water later tonight and tomorrow morning I packing on a mission to go get some water and while I'm in the mountains I'm sommer gonna get soil samples as advised by green leaf organics. I got 3 other seedlings going as well for an outdoor run from which only 1 will go through for a proper grow and I will add her fotos as soon as she sexed potted up. 

The rest of the garden is starting to pick up speed and the cover plants is starting to do their job. I am aspeccialy proud of the poppies that came up. The finished their flower cycle so seeds will be plenty. 

Have a great day guys and stay blazed. LoL

Blessings

Hein

CAM02993.thumb.jpg.852f8a68d5d1b3f1a8fc4ec40f5714c7.jpg

CAM02994.thumb.jpg.1c2753d91da4224ee59767ef74bf32ec.jpg

Sounds like a super stealth grow man. She is nice and health btw 

Yeah it is supposed to be stealthy. Our next door neighbours decided to do a little garden remodeling and if they stand on the corner of their yard now they can looks into my garden and if they look hard enough they can probably spot the lady at flowering end.

Some of the cover plants that I wanted to use died due to heat and busy work schedule so its not as stealthy as I wanted. The honey suckle on the right is growing really fast now and will becivering the right side as intended. I had a basil bush in the front but I had to start again. The front area is quite open and is only blocked by the Ficus Bonsai and will have to do for now. 

I took some soil out of the hole and filled it upna bit with EWC just for in case she becomes root bound. I noticed today that she is a bigger than i thought and if the applies : "as above so below", then she probably has a good amount of roots already. I doubt she will have root problems but id rather just do it for incase. 

The pics of the trained lady was taken after training so the leaves still had to settle out. I'm pretty sure that I will have some good pics next week. 

:-gthumb thanx tarbaby[/member] . 

Hein

CAM02996.thumb.jpg.33182a33053fd9795ba203b3b1829367.jpg

CAM02995.thumb.jpg.38517542c64cfb6255a5b363844cd258.jpg

CAM02997.thumb.jpg.9bcb82f727ba929fea312f3770f3b754.jpg

Update time again.

She's doing really well and her growth rate is amazing. I'm starting to let the back branches grow upwards seeing that the screen is full in the back. I will let more and more branches grow upwards as time goes on. The screen is almost full and I'm just guessing here but I think that in 2 weeks time that screen will be full and growing towards the skies. I'm super cropping her as she is growing to keep her growth is bit slower and by the end of the season I'm pretty sure some branches will be bend 90 degrees.

The ladybugs is still quite active but was much as last week. Guess their food sources is getting lower. I haven't found a single pest on the plant except for a grasshopper or 2. But they just chow on the spinach a bit and then they are off again. Apart from what that nothing else changes except her bushyness. 

I am still feeding with homemade compost tea and all still seems legit. I was quite hesitant to use the compost tea cause its a big risk ( for me ), but it is paying off. Next season I'm stepping in with some homemade fish fertilizer, lacto and all the other fun things. 

That's it......stay safe.

Blessings

Hein

CAM03022.thumb.jpg.27d264433907fb00447ad2a8e7be423f.jpg

CAM03023.thumb.jpg.afc18b64aa578645c971acbddd3e26da.jpg

Hey guys

The pics this week ain't that spectacular. Feeding is tomorrow morning and after that she should be growing a bit more. I will be turning the pot tomorrow so that the bigger part of the plant is at the back and the smaller growth in the front.

She doesnt look that big in the photo with the cooldrink bottle but i am amazed with the size of her. I will stop super cropping her for a while so that she can get taller. Inside of the all that growth is so much more branches that needs to get to sunlight but I thought that I should just start to clean her up on the inside. Really don't want to waste energy on weak buds at the end of the day. Airflow will be so much better when that bushy inside is cleaned up.

CAM03037.thumb.jpg.7e73b460178ad41065d99cb4a864ab49.jpg

CAM03038.thumb.jpg.d9b2d30a629dfb1afec4e0221088a4fc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

Just a pic to show she is still alive and growing. Her growth rate has slowed down but that could be from the extreme heat weve been experiencing. She was quite droopy when I came home this afternoon but after a good water session she picked up quick and is looking sweet again.

I bubbled some water and a few hours later I added molasses and guano. The tea is quite foamy looks good. I will bubble it throughout the night and tomorrow morning early she will be fed. I will also take 500ml spray bottle and foliar feed along with the soil drench.

I need to take her and clean out all the crappy growth to help her get a better airflow in there and not waste her time on bad buds.

Apart from the pic nothing else is happening. I have a plant that sexed female and moved her outdoor. I might move her back indoor for flowering at a later stage but if I don't then I'll just add her to this journal.

CAM03087.thumb.jpg.ca145cb70045c79a7806b60f1332ec12.jpg