The F Word

narnia

If the "inert" ingredients are actually inert, then to help guide you on your path of DIY: sucrose = plain old white sugar, glucose = corn syrup (I've also seen it called corn sugar).

Thanks m8, appreciated.

Ya I planned on finding a fine powdered form from a health shop or the like, or if not, just dissolve in warm water.

Do you, or others, run something similar, or just lowest ppm water available? Or should I just *not mention the F word around these parts? :-popo

[grammar edit]

All these solutions are is solutions with a high EC and low nutrient availability. Add some synth chelates to your mix and you have AN flawless finish. Add fulvics to mimick another international brand. Nitrogen fixers for another. It is really all the same. Find some good synth chelates if you're in hydro, play with the pH of the stuff. Add gatorade, aspirin whatever, it is all just hype. Do a little basic chemistry and a whole world of cheaper alternatives open up.

All these solutions are is solutions with a high EC and low nutrient availability. Add some synth chelates to your mix and you have AN flawless finish. Add fulvics to mimick another international brand. Nitrogen fixers for another. It is really all the same. Find some good synth chelates if you're in hydro, play with the pH of the stuff. Add gatorade, aspirin whatever, it is all just hype. Do a little basic chemistry and a whole world of cheaper alternatives open up.

Thanks m8, appreciate your continued advice on my 'nute' queries. 

Ya have some amino mix (which I've been assuming is a mix of humic and fulvic?), that have used in the past. Intended to run through separately if using sugar water for first flush, then just on to plain water. You reckon just add the aminos to the sugar mix?

What are options for synthetic chelates? I'm only aware of EDTA.