Aphids

Jland

Okay its been a long time since I have had a pest problem.. Thripes once caused me sleepless nights and since then I always try keep things super tidy. 

My little girls I got out side receive a bio neem spray once a week and all has been good. 

I've picked up growth has slowed down a lot! So last week after a close inspection I found fooken aphids in 3 plant, only in the main colas. Like deep inside!

I tried to get rid of what I could by hand, then hammered them with neem, didn't seem to help. 

I then abused the poor colas even more with sprays of water. The next day seemed okay and then bang aphid party again.

Like I said only the top colas.. Today u chopped all three main colas off :'( worried they spread to the rest of the plant and the other plants.

Anyone got some make safe plan I can put into place in case they appear on the rest of the plant/plants? 

:-peace

Ants will bring them back , they farm them like we do cows. Make sure You Have no ants around

Ahoys GLO, I have heard that before and would explain their return.

I live right on the boundary of some serious bush and ants are a plenty! Them little black ones that nest in just about anything. Trimmed the palms back the other day And there were ant nests in the stems. 

Okay so first steps will be address the ant prob. Any safe tips or means of deterring them from wanting to be on the plant? 

Neem is systematic and thought this would repel any unwanted critters. They have been absolutely bug free, only the aphids seem to carry on regardless .

Much appreciate  the info GLO 

Ahoys Totemic  ✌ 

Awesome info brother, thanks! 

Going to get that going asap! 

I have seen lady bugs around here but they come and go, time to make them a happy home in the garden so they'll stick around through the summer 

I'm also planing  on moving some cuttings outside end of this month for the season but think I'll hold back to I got my celery going first.

:goodposting

Aphids arent really an indoor problem. Spider mites are the most common, and there is really nothing more effective than pyrol. It should be included in your growing routine during veg with at least a spray before flipping. I dont count on them not being there and I certainly am not going to spend hours checking the plants for almost microscopic bugs. 

Prevention is better than a cure. Once you are in flowering and you suddenly have a mite problem of epic proportions that you can do nothing about.

Perhaps other indoor growers have a thing or two to share.

Agreed there Totemic prevention is much better than cure! 

Thanks GLO! I actually sprayed and cleaned the whole are today. Will follow up with some cinnamon and baking soda right now.  

I have used cinnamon before when I had the thrips problem it definitely helped but the problem back then was well into disaster zone! 

Shot for the info folks, it's a  big help! 

May your buds swell and harvest be a plentiful  :-bongit