Cost of running things?

Guest Reaper

Guest Reaper

Hello Everyone,

ive seen some maths around the net with how to calculate the total usage in R for a light. But I dont have the electricity in measure. I only have our utilities bill that states and X amount of units for the price.

Now from that I have calculated that I pat R1.86 per unit, But how do I get figures from this to calculate what Im paying for on my 400W HPS?

Cheers!

Actually a lot simpler than you think Reaper

1 unit = 1 kw

That means a 400w light will use 0.4 units every hour the light is running for. So if you're running an 18-6 schedule for veg you'll be using 6.4 units a day on the light. From there you can work out cost etc

Magnetic ballasts actually use more than the indicated wattage, Digital ballasts are a lot more true to their indicated wattage

Depends on how many amps the 400w draws and what voltage you have at your place ( Magnetic pull more than digital) . You need those to figures to work out accurately what it pulls. Standard in sa is 220v but it doesn't mean you have 220 at your place , I have 240v for example. Once you have amps and voltage it's easy to work you the kw/h it draws , 1 unit of power is 1 kw/h of electricity

Cheers

Glo

Ps . Didn't see 420sa post , basicly the same idea and really easy to calculate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...