Breeding and genetics in SA

JoburgGold

Hey guys 

Just though I'd start this... have any of you bred your own seeds etc? But like properly bred and stabilised it? 

I'd love to hear your stories. See some photos. Discuss methods and traits you prefer. 

Attached (I hope) is a female grown from very good swazi bagseed. 2 years ago I planted swazi like a mad person and kept only the strongest and stickiest females. As well as 2 males whose stems smelled like chocolate when rubbed. Probably wasn't pure swazi, but the home grown buds smacked harder than the original product. Obviously. 

After taking clones from all the plants and labelling them I kept the best female cuttings and pollinated with the swazi male.

I then grew those seeds out, kept the females and pollinated them with male pollen from the original seeds that I planted again. 

Those new seeds were then planted. A friend of mine gave me a few clones and seeds of an unknown kush. Leaves were fat, the high was couch lock and munchies. Not something I like in weed.

But I like it's shorter flower time and denser buds. I have ADHD by the way and take ritalin (I'm 32 years old :-wtf ). 

However, I prefer a sativa dominant bud to medicate the chemical imbalance. So I take only half the prescribed ritalin dosage everyday instead and maintain an appetite. Ritalin has so many side effects. 

Anyway, my goal here is to create a strain for myself that has the cerebral buzz from sativa, but also a very slight sedative affect from hints of indica. I also hope flowering time will decrease by at least 30%. 

Next step is grow these seeds out and take clones. Test the effects and back cross again with the original swazi seeds. Then test again. Checking flowering time, quality and yield. Repeating the male kush pollination if necessary and then more inbreeding. 

Just out of curiosity, who else is prescribed ritalin or other crappy meds?

20161110_100512-1.thumb.jpg.f427dfdfeec5cc1003fa96b6db077c1c.jpg

I think you might need a few more plants to "Breed" and stabilise. By the sounds you've skipped a step or two? As for pharmaceuticals, I will gladly take half your ritalin off your hands. Drugs are good. All drugs.

• 7 months later...
Guest shadowassasin

I know its a while and not sure if you atill following. 

I have been playing around with breeding some projects to stabalise others just ot mix and have fun when I have spare. 

As for the ritalin I think its a crock of shit, I to was meant to have add and adhd and meant to grow in the "adult" form. 

load of crap I just left it and love herb in all was i love all strains and mix and match. 

pills and chems are so kak and dont work(only for docs and pharma trade)

Yeah except the ones that save your life when you desperately need it. Is it wise to pump your body full of amphetamines? Probably not, but are all chemical/pharmaceuticals evil? No. What of the drugs putting you to sleep for surgery or the vaccines that eradicated diseases? (Please please please tell me you don't actually believe in the vaccine fear mongering?)

Long story short, you're an adult, so am I. If you don't like methylphenidate, then don't take it. But Be careful how quickly you recommend your own medical treatment for others. You brain is no more than electricity and chemicals, don't weight your ontology greater than reality.

• 1 month later...

Evenings folks :) about to start a little breed of my own. Will. Be my first attempt!

It's a very sexy Blue berry X Durban Poison Male and he will be courting the young and gorgeous Northern Lights lady. Have kept three cuts of the male to use again and the lucky selected babies.

Will definitely be following here and sharing a bit of mine too.

Peace brothers/sisters  :-gthumb