Will this dehumidifier be suitable for my situation?

420SA

I'm looking to buy a dehumidifier for the bedroom my tent is situated in. My humidity reaches 70% quite often and going into week 6 now, I can't afford to mess with high humidity. My tent passively draws air from the bedroom and exhausts air through the bedrooms en suite bathroom.

The bedroom is about 5mx5m in size. Would the unit in the pic below do the job?

http://www.dampcontrol.co.za/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=75

aquaria.png.70455e9fdd51aaf91015e2cefee7eed0.png

Lol the next time I need a piss in the night I'll quickly go check the levels ;D

Right now the humidity inside the tent is 79% dude... outside it's not budging from 78%. it's seriously concerning...  temp outside is 18, inside the tent was similar(lights off now)

The weather has been typical cape winter weather lately... cold, rainy and overcast. I also stay fairly close to the ocean so that also exacerbates the humidity issue.

I could use my portable AC as a temp solution but the room is upstairs and this portable AC is not so portable. Gonna be a helluva mission getting it up a flight of about 15 stairs :-hairpull needs to be done though

I dont sleep in the same room no. My AC has a heating function which also dehumidifies, tank has been filling up really quick lately actually. Heating is very mild though so I reckon that should do the trick. I was also thinking about sealing the room and exhausting into the room, was thinking about doing that with a dehumidifier,which should also work right?

Shot for the help!

Ok got the AC up in the room. Its been running for an hour and already the humidity is already down to 62% in the tent. Great success! :-moonwalk

Temp is at 28.8 which is reasonable I guess

There's a company that rents out dehumidifiers in my area. Gonna see how one of those do and then decide from there

That was just after an hour of the AC being on. I suppose you also have to factor in the en suite bathroom which is about 1.5mx3m. The bathroom door has to stay open cos the AC needs to be exhausted out the bathroom window which stays slightly open...

Anyway, Checked the conditions just before lights off this morning. Humidity was 48% and the temp was 29. Ive got the drainage from the AC going into a 20L bucket and the bucket was half full this morning. AC is definitely making a positive difference

• 2 weeks later...

Nope didnt get it. Been so busy lately.... ive been using the aircon though and its been doing a great job keeping RH at 48% to 55%. Just chows electricity like no other. My grow is almost finished so ive decided to stick it out with the AC. Will share pics soon