Avocado grafting

Heisenberg

Would be easier to take  a cutting and root it. It's also very late in the season to be taking cuttings from an avo , usually you want to do it in spring when there is lots of new growth on the tree. Also good to remember even from cutting or grafting it could take up to 7 years to produce fruit. If you get really desperate I can check my tree to see if there any viable placing to take cutting .

Would be easier to take  a cutting and root it. It's also very late in the season to be taking cuttings from an avo , usually you want to do it in spring when there is lots of new growth on the tree. Also good to remember even from cutting or grafting it could take up to 7 years to produce fruit. If you get really desperate I can check my tree to see if there any viable placing to take cutting .

Thanx GLO! Im not in a hurry, i can wait till your tree starts budding. 7 years is better than 20 years! :) We'll pick this up in spring then thanx

Sjoe guys, avo's always make me laugh hey! My sister had 2 huge avo trees at her place, when I was muuuuuch younger I was playing outside under said tree. Those avo's are hard hey! One of them plikked me on the kop, hahaha! That thing must've hit like an asteroid. THAT KNOB THOUGH!

• 3 months later...

This is actually very intresting.. Looked into it a wile back.. Hb it will be faster if you got at least 2-3 trees in the same fisinaty ( slaughter that word). Avos do polinate themself but you always get the odd ones that dont.. This way you will get rewarded sooner than later.. Also, you can buy young avo trees from zz something, the tomato guys.. They have loads of info online..

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually very intresting.. Looked into it a wile back.. Hb it will be faster if you got at least 2-3 trees in the same fisinaty ( slaughter that word). Avos do polinate themself but you always get the odd ones that dont.. This way you will get rewarded sooner than later.. Also, you can buy young avo trees from zz something, the tomato guys.. They have loads of info online..

Thanx for the info man.

• 1 year later...