The Vapor Lounge

Guest OnlyTheGood

Guest OnlyTheGood

This subforum certainly needs someone to breath a little life into it..

I intend for this thread to be a base camp for all and sundry who appreciate, own, aspire to own or simply want to talk about vaporizers and vaporizing.

I've been smoke free for about two and a half years and I definitely can feel the difference. :-gthumb

I used to enjoy smoking clean herb through glass, and I've been through a good few vaporizers trying to find my Cinderella-esque glass slipper, currently extremely happy with the snug fit obtained vaporizing BHO on titanium.

Ask questions, post interesting links, pictures of your vaporizers and discuss the broad spectrum of options the current day vaporist has at their disposal.:-clap

I'll try and get some pics up to make the thread a bit more interesting when I get a chance.

*(I think I stole the title from one of the subforums over at FuckCombustion.com, well worth a look if smoke isn't really your thing..)

Guest spootch

Thank you otg, first q - is the crafty worth the money lol, been wanting to get it. Been watching every vaporizer review YouTube channel and there tons!!!!

Anyway the crafty seems to always come out tops!

But just can't get my self to pull the trigger on a 4grand piece of equipment when I could put that money into my groom???

Guest OnlyTheGood

I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Crafty, I have however had a few puffs on her big sister, the Mighty and it was fantastic.

I thought that the thin, straw style mouthpiece might be too restricted but it pulls really well and delivers a quality hit in terms of density, strength and flavor.

Story and Bickel have a knack for doing things right with German precision..:readtherules

I have the pleasure of owning a Da Buddha Vaporizer :-meditate

Will never forget just how good the weed tasted the first time I ever vaped from that thing, and the weed was actually pretty shitty :-blazed

I've been vaping for a year now with it and it's 2 grand of my cash that was very well spent IMO, considering how much less weed one goes through if they vaporize instead of smoking (provided the weed is not shitty outdoor which cant be vaporised).  Don't get me wrong I love an old school fat blunt but I find vaporizing more rewarding and enjoyable. The only downside being it's lack of mobility, but if I had a portable then that's not an issue anymore as well...

I feel more medicated if I vaporise a pinch or two of crushed weed as opposed to a joint or bong. It could just be me as I've heard and read otherwise for other people..... 

I also used to be a big bonger but now I find the taste of bong pretty damn siff at times. I think that's a direct result of getting used to the taste from the vaporiser.

So for me:

Pros - Taste, Effect, Healthy Lungs, weed & cost saving

Cons - Lack Of Mobility, Dependance On Electricity(Table Top Vapes), Cleaning is required quite often with iso

but yea..... I love vaping :rastabanana

I found this read quite interesting Efficiency and Health Review: Vapes, Bongs, and Joints

Guest OnlyTheGood

420SA,

I was also converted by a 7th floor vaporizer after smoking bongs for about 10 years, had previously owned a Launchbox and a BC vaporizer but neither really cut it as a replacement.

Then I bought a Silver Surfer with the WPA and never looked back! The taste and high from a proper convection vaporizer is hard to match indeed..

Did you invest in the oil attachment for the DB? It has always caught my eye, and they don't work on the SSV sadly.

I have the pleasure of owning a Da Buddha Vaporizer :-meditate

Will never forget just how good the weed tasted the first time I ever vaped from that thing, and the weed was actually pretty shitty :-blazed

I've been vaping for a year now with it and it's 2 grand of my cash that was very well spent IMO, considering how much less weed one goes through if they vaporize instead of smoking (provided the weed is not shitty outdoor which cant be vaporised).  Don't get me wrong I love an old school fat blunt but I find vaporizing more rewarding and enjoyable. The only downside being it's lack of mobility, but if I had a portable then that's not an issue anymore as well...

I feel more medicated if I vaporise a pinch or two of crushed weed as opposed to a joint or bong. It could just be me as I've heard and read otherwise for other people.....

I also used to be a big bonger but now I find the taste of bong pretty damn siff at times. I think that's a direct result of getting used to the taste from the vaporiser.

So for me:

Pros - Taste, Effect, Healthy Lungs, weed & cost saving

Cons - Lack Of Mobility, Dependance On Electricity(Table Top Vapes), Cleaning is required quite often with iso

but yea..... I love vaping :rastabanana

I found this read quite interesting Efficiency and Health Review: Vapes, Bongs, and Joints

I am fully in the same boat here, Since I bought my Da Buddha Vape I have not looked back. The vapor quality and thickness is just tops!! I do differ in one sense though, I have NO Cons to this.

I see the cleaning as another Pro coz I generally wait until the Glass tube is full / Dirty and then scrape that oily kiefy resin out and roll that into a joint or mix it into some herb to smoke from a bong, that is one Hard hitting smoke, similar to a Dab or concentrate type of medicated feel.

Just an all round beast when it comes to vapor, I also use it to smoke my Concentrate and RS oil with, I use a small Ceramic flavor disc with a small drop of Concentrate or RS on and vape that, and then  :-flyinghi:-flyinghi

Looking forward to share some of my missions here.

Greetz

I am fully in the same boat here, Since I bought my Da Buddha Vape I have not looked back. The vapor quality and thickness is just tops!! I do differ in one sense though, I have NO Cons to this.

I see the cleaning as another Pro coz I generally wait until the Glass tube is full / Dirty and then scrape that oily kiefy resin out and roll that into a joint or mix it into some herb to smoke from a bong, that is one Hard hitting smoke, similar to a Dab or concentrate type of medicated feel.

Just an all round beast when it comes to vapor, I also use it to smoke my Concentrate and RS oil with, I use a small Ceramic flavor disc with a small drop of Concentrate or RS on and vape that, and then  :-flyinghi:-flyinghi

Greetz

Finally a fellow DBV owner :rastabanana

You do have a valid point about gathering the residue left in the whip. What do you use to scrape it up? The pin?

Also how do you clean your pipe?

Greetz

Finally a fellow DBV owner :rastabanana

You do have a valid point about gathering the residue left in the whip. What do you use to scrape it up? The pin?

Also how do you clean your pipe?

:rastabanana

Wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Yes I use the long poking needle that came with it. When all the Resin has been scraped out I use ISO alcohol to clean the glass with. I used to use ISO top clean the pipe with too but find that the ISO taste sticks too long, so I now scrape the glass and whip then clean the Glass with ISO while I soak the Pipe in HOT water and Flush a Few times using Coarse salt and Hot water. If the pipe gets too dirty to clean I get a new one from VS.

• 3 years later...

Fellow Da Buddha owner over here! 

I've gone through the list, I've done all the blunt papers, all the rizzla, all the bongs (even the electric ones) and I gotta say, Da Buddha damn straight changed the game.

I also invested in a portable version, not by the same company though. It's called the Arizer ArGo, super awesome little vape device. Doesn't have the kick of Da Buddha, but it works for stealth medication in public/not-so-kosher areas.

Vaping at home all week then seeing friends over the weekend that don't vape and smoke blunts, bongs etc then going back to vaping just shows me every time how superior vaping is. 

I also collect all my AVB, and when I fill a mason jar up I use the AVB to make brownies, and they come back for a vengeance 8-)

Edit: Hey @420SA, got any neat tips and tricks for a fellow Buddha user? (asks as he rips from his Buddha) *exhales 

I find that warming up the glass of the bowl before vacuuming the ganja helps with the 1st rip as I usually find that the 1st rip with a cold bowl is always major flaccid 😟

Edited by Ill_Evan
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...

@420SA you still prefer vaping over combustion? How has your vaping journey changed over the past 4 or so years?

I was first introduced to vaping herb by a friend who owned a Vapor Genie, which basically has become mine... He ended up importing another one. I have never been a smoker, always found joints quite harsh. Prefer bong over a joint due to the smoke being cooler but still very harsh and my lungs always felt as if they wanted to jump out my chest after taking a hit.

Vaping has been great! You also use very little bud in a vape, not that it's an issue with me growing now.

I tried @Ill_Evan's Da Budda and it's friggen awesome! Seriously powerful and very deceiving compared to the portable vapes I am use to, I think its due to the fact that there is soo much more air flow you do not realize how much vape you're actually inhaling.

Although since growing and making some dab from my trim, I am loving the dab! Still vape as my main source of consumption though.

To be honest my cheap Chinese herb vape has nothing on Da Buddah or the higher end electronic vapes. Want to get myself a PAX 3.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 1

Funny enough, since posting about Da Buddha in July I've actually been using my Arizer ArGo much more often. I tend to reserve Da Buddha for sessions with friends these days as opposed to using it by myself. Although on days when I'd really like to shoot for the stars I will plug in Da Buddha :-meditate

• Like 1