Home grown genetics

redvine

I am about to embark on my new summer grow. This is my 4th grow and I started out as a rookie who decided to gooi some of my DP seeds into some pots and see what comes of it. I have been hugely surprised to learn of the massive amount of knowledge, research, strain development, grow techniques, strains, seed banks etc that is out there.

My preference is outdoor as I have the space to do so, so I try to work on seeds that do best outdoors.

One problem we have here, and I stand to be corrected, is our genetics. Out local landrace genetics have made a huge contribution to the development of amazing strains, mainly to be found overseas and at huge cost.

We should develop our own 'seed economy' as it were, and I certain it could be as good as what is out there in Europe and the Americas.

If there is good local genetics please let me know. I have a bit of stuff I can share as well.

I got a present from friend from Amsterdam, so I quite excited to see what  comes of it this summer.

Keep you posted

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am about to embark on my new summer grow. This is my 4th grow and I started out as a rookie who decided to gooi some of my DP seeds into some pots and see what comes of it. I have been hugely surprised to learn of the massive amount of knowledge, research, strain development, grow techniques, strains, seed banks etc that is out there.

My preference is outdoor as I have the space to do so, so I try to work on seeds that do best outdoors.

One problem we have here, and I stand to be corrected, is our genetics. Out local landrace genetics have made a huge contribution to the development of amazing strains, mainly to be found overseas and at huge cost.

We should develop our own 'seed economy' as it were, and I certain it could be as good as what is out there in Europe and the Americas.

If there is good local genetics please let me know. I have a bit of stuff I can share as well.

I got a present from friend from Amsterdam, so I quite excited to see what  comes of it this summer.

Keep you posted

I dunno if I should start a new topic or not? Also trying to upload a pic. So I hope it works.

The plant in photo is the product of swazi bag seeds back crossed twice. Cuttings were taken and then pollinated with an unknown kush male.

I keep my seeded females very small because I only want seeds from them. This lady has about 2 more weeks. She is on day 63 of flowering.

Like I said, it's about the seeds. Not the buds on this one.

Reckon I should start a new topic though and explain this all a bit better.

How do I do this? And in which section of the forum?

20161110_100512-1.thumb.jpg.1b419b4ca0fff7661ab8b9ff0ceee863.jpg

• 7 months later...
Guest shadowassasin

Again i know it s old but hope still interest as i am new to the site and many threads but dont seem to go far or have stopped

I too love out door as nature intended. would love to meet other real fans wanting to breed and create awesome stuff. 

Not just pollen checkers any fool can do that 

What ever your flav is if you like sativa find strains and people to work with same with indi and hybi 

same if you want to stay local or strain specific thats cool too