Rick Simpson Oil (AKA RSO or Cannabis Oil)

klipduiker

Hey folks!

If you've heard of Cannabis Oil, you've probably heard of Rick Simpson Oil, which is a tried and tested method for making the best medical grade cannabis oil possible. I've attached a PDF file in my post labeled "Cure for Cancer - The Rick Simpson Protocol", after-all, sharing is caring!

Here' a very informative video on YouTube from Rick himself:

Run From the Cure - The Rick Simpson Story (Full).

If you want to make your own or you are looking to buy some, being informed is the best approach to avoid getting scammed by unscrupulous dealers.

So how about you? Have you tried cannabis oil yet? It's probably the most effective and healthy way to consume cannabis aside from it's obviously medical benefit. What's your experience?

Cheers,

klipduiker

Cure_for_Cancer_-_The_Rick_Simpson_Protocol.pdf

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Greetings,

If anyone is interested, there is a very simple hack that can be done in making RSO/FECO that has huge ramifications on quality.  I've spent the last three years developing this and am publishing it for free, for everyone to use.  This simple change will take the Total Cannabinoids from the mid 30s to high 70s.  Now, you can take 2oz cured plant and have vape-able decarbed winterized oil in under 2 hours.  Here's the demo video. 

Remember, nothing for sale, its all free.

You can choose what alcohol to use. I use Isopropyl for the bulk extraction.  95% Ethanol works fine, but costs more.  If you don't have access to 95% Ethanol, then you can use Isopropyl for the bulk and 100 proof vodka for the final reduction.  The magic here is adding Distilled Water to the initial boil down.  By doing that, you removed the water soluble compounds leaving purer non-polar cannabis oils.  This is then winterized by a highly optimized room temperature winterization.  I actually use the freezer for an hour just to make it more robust.  And you know the best part?  No lab gear, filter setups, vacuum pumps. Use only the gear in the kitchen, just like the video. If you know how to make RSO, then you'll know how to make this oil.

Cheers!

Edited by MimiEMU
  • Like 2

Why not simply wash with Butane Gas and dissolve in the oil of your choice? I used alcohol related methods 36 years ago... Petroleum ether i used at the time. Soxhlet, cooling tube, magnetic swirl ^^ my Dad was production director of a medical lab and got me the gear with a 5 finger discount hehehe Problem with alcohol is that you wash chlorophyll and the leftover nutrition's out too.. is why oil gets dark to black.. just all colors mixed in. When you have a honey like substance, you know is pure and Butane is very easy to bubble out as it boils at -3 Celsius. Tests of Honeybee/Wax.. usually range in the 6x-7x%. Takes 5 minutes to wash 100g weed and 2 hours to bubble it out. Mixing it with the amount of oil to get the desired strength in THC per ml.. few seconds.. dissolves very easy in cooking oils. Other way is press, then dissolve.. 

I honestly think alcohol extraction is old tech, you wash to much out you don't want in your extract.

• Like 1

Alcohol is simple tek that you wont blow your self up with.  My purpose in optimizing the process of making RSO is so that you can do this in the kitchen with no lab gear.  As I said above, you can take 2oz cured plant and have vape-able decarbed winterized oil in under 2 hours.  Here's what it looks like..

Can you do that with your gear and a freezer for winterization in 2 hours?

1805720957_Chrt-RiceOilNumber1img001.thumb.jpg.5e8dfdf49b1358aac96a6fd20d0c486a.jpg

Edited by MimiEMU
added a picture.
  • Like 1

You telling us that the picture is the finished product after bubbling the alcohol out?

I would never go that far to tell people, alcohol air vapor mixtures are not combustible... they are. You always have to work in a well ventilated area.. kitchen or not doesn't matter. If you do extractions with flammable substances, ventilation is the most important step.. don't tell people otherwise.. they might sue you if shit happens 😉 

So please... if you do extractions, what ever extraction with flammable substances you do, look that your work area is properly ventilated! That should reduce the risk of getting a super fast tan 😁

• Agree 1

Yes, alcohol vapor is combustable, but nothing like the potential of Butane, that is my point. Butane is very unstable. The State of Oregon has outlawed open blasting for that reason. Just had another butane explosion 3 weeks ago here in Oregon. Someone had a closed loop system in a barn and it blew up.  One poor soul had his open blasting setup blowup just by his cat brushing against his leg causing static electricity.  One butane system blew up in Los Angeles a couple years back injuring 11 people.  Haven't yet heard of an alcohol explosion while making cannabis oil. Alcohol pales in comparison to the dangers of Butane. 

Yes, that is a finished picture. How many more do you want to see? All these have been created in under 2 hours using the new Refined Cannabis Extract process.  Lab results show Total Cannabinoids in the high 70s, just under distillates that start at 80% and goes to the high 90s.  Using the RxCE process brings you to the highest potency possible just short of having to use a Short Path Distillation setup to fractionally separate the compounds to achieve higher purity.  

So how long does it take you to blast 2oz then winterize to get clean oil? I use an electric hot plate, pots and pans and Mason jars. What equipment do you use?  When it comes to medical patients at home trying to make their meds, which one is most practical?  The RxCE process for making oil is a simple hack on the already simple way of making RSO at home.  Just by doing two simple changes in the process, potency is raised from the mid 30s to the high 70s. You see the results below.  Can you guess what my website for MMJ patients is called?  Cannabis Home Sciences. The site is all about simplifying and cost reducing cannabis oil as medication for home-bound patients. Here in Oregon, I developed these optimizations for the OMMP community and am now letting the world know, there is an incredibly simple way to now make high quality oil.  You just have to be open to challenging a couple assumptions that have been made in cannabis alcohol extraction.  My inspiration and direction comes from Gray Wolf, but the changes come from the Cooking Oil Industrial process for making refined cooking oil.

Chrt-RICE Oil from demo video.jpg

Chrt-RACE Oil 01.jpeg

IMG-0386.JPG

Chrt-RECE Oil 01 sm.jpg

Chrt-RICE Oil 01 sm.jpg

• Like 1

The black smudge is about what I know from alcohol extraction. 

Exploding a barn needs a lot of gas.. and i really mean a shitload hehehe used over 200 gas cans so far and had no issue.. I just work outside.

This is frozen butane extract.. not mixed with oil yet... will not to be honest, is for vaporizing. If you mix it, the oil will stay see through. Is a bit red, was a very late harvest.

1445214956_ButaneExtract.thumb.jpg.c34a5ecd5ada48aa9905e1fa9958bd2f.jpg

And just to be sure.. I do not care how you extract your oil... I wouldn't use a technique we used 40 years ago. Before I wash with alcohol, i would press it. You just get more out if you wash with butane.

And as butane boils at -3 Celsius, you get it way cleaner as using alcohol. Is really all i say.. if you want to go on eating black smudge... i am not here to judge you.. i wish you fun on the road you travel.

• Like 1