potting soil

Jspecial

hi I was wondering is it ok to use the potting soil the sell at picknpay to grow with? 

Was thinking potting soil + natural soil from earth?

im gonna plant these babies White Widow

Blue widow and cheese. Wanna keep it simple. since first time Growning. tia

Guest Meat_Loaf

Bru fork out the cash and get proper decent soil. Some superior german peat, Perlite some organic compost some potting soil and yeah thats even better than what your wanting

I've read that a great mix to start with for beginners is one part good quality potting soil, one part worm castings and some perlite for aeration and better drainage. That's it! You won't get the best results but you probably won't be disappointed either. 

Maybe add mushroom compost to the mix as well 

What brand potting soil does PNP sell?

:-peace

Spend the money and buy decent soil. I started with that picknpay stuff and it's full of unnecessary crap. Buy decent soil from a gardening place. In most cases, the more you spend, the better the soil. I now use a German mix. I add worm castings, perlite, vermiculite, Turbo Grow, and even some Leca. What you don't want is to spend R50 on soil, and the grow fails. Spend the R150-R250 and make a rich soil that produces a decent crop.

• 3 weeks later...