Fungus Nat's

Guest spootch

Guest spootch

Eish guys been battling these little fkers for like 2 wks and I'm not winning !

I've realized now that I was over watering and that's what bought them in,  as well as no filter on my intake !

Using coco and been using neem oil, very week mixture as I'm in full flower now so not sure on stregnths? Have sticky traps which are already coved with them and even put down some river sand, I have some trichoderma powder but haven't used it yet.

They must've layed eggs and larvae must be feeding as the plants growth has slowed !!!! Sorry for the essay but what should I do ?

Guest Maxwell

Soilless yes TK? Don't drench with Neem, that it better applied in organics. Try a H2O2 drench, and let the coco dry out after. Gnats are living and laying eggs in that top layer of moist coco. Also try spraying your medium at lights on and off, it is when they emerge/hide.

Guest spootch

Thanks Max !Yip it is soiless, What if I just add the H2O2 to the rez that I feed them from ?

Will the stuff from the pharma be OK and what strength would you recommend ?

Thanks again

Guest spootch

Haha shot !!! So drench with H2O2 then ? I have the 40vol one 10ml to 1L will be OK then?

I put a little bit of the fungicide in the feed anyway tho ??

Guest Maxwell

Yeah strong Peroxide should do the trick, maybe. I am still unsure on the efficacy, gnats are hardy little buggers. Best success I have had is with spraying the top of the medium twice a day over about 10 days. Alternate pesticides.

Guest spootch

Thanks mense ! Looks like it worked, had a little inspection  now and no more gnats !

I was kinda chasing them from pot to pot. In the end I also stopped top feeding the worst infected plant and let it dry out alot and let it only feed from the run off from the other plant haha but seems to have stopped them !