What LED panels would you guys like to see being brought into the country? :)

TheGrowGod

Hey guys

In case you guys hadn't noticed, but the quality of the LED panels on the ZA market is far inferior to what's available out there. So I spoke to zane at Hydroherb and he said he'd be willing to import the panels we were interested in granted demand was high enough, or alternatively we could could do a big group buy and get a cheap price on the panels and import them together. So If you are interested in upgrading to the real deal, please comment below with what brand and panel you'd like to have imported/see on the ZA market. The brands iv looked at and seem to be impressed by are the lights from Eshine systems, Bysen LED and Marshydro. Also if you have experience importing such panels could you please comment on your experience and recommendations? :)

The growgod

One of the problems with bringing LED. You don't have tech support. So if you have hardware issues, what do you do?

What you need is for some one to be a supplier and service/support.

No one likes down time.

Just my input... And I'm a die hard HID grower.

The technology needs to be solid. More years are needed to prove LED is as good or better than HID.

You now get LEP (light emitting plasma) which the growers are swearing by as well....

Guest kaiju

I do not think the South African market can afford quality LED just the stuff from China. 

I want to see Diamond Led bought into the country but i want to see someone spend $800 on a 300 watt or even $1400 or a 600 watt.  http://www.diamondseriesleds.com/categories/

Or California Lightwork Solar Storm 880. Although LED seems to be the way forward its not really worth it for the SA market. The lights we get from china and those are the only led lights we get, they are just good for vegging in my opinion. I want to see anyone in here show me how a 300watt out performs a 400 watt HPS and if anyone even has a 600 watt LED.

Unfortunately we just do not have the type of cash to spend on proper LED name brands that will deliver and outperform a HPS

Guest kaiju

G8 LED

Black Dog

Apollo

Diamond

Solastorm

Taotronics an Kind LED 

These are some of the names i want to see being bought into the country lets see if it happens

I brought my own LED light in from Gotham Hydro in the States... a Blackstar 240 watt. Set me back about R4000 with shipping etc. So far it's been a great little light, great for clones and has done well vegging a space of about 90cmx60cm. I've had it running almost permanently for a year now.. not a single problem.

I've never used it for flowering although I have got it in a tent now combined with a 600 HID. Hoping to start flowering in there by the next week Friday and will see how it goes. I must be honest I don't think it would have the penetration to flower anything over about 50cm in height as the light only has power for a short distance.

I should really do a test with it one of these days and see what it can do for flowering. Here's a pic with it next to my HID.

You can see by the last pic how far it got the plants without the HID.. I think it did really well. Once I added the HID the growth sped up though obviously!

IMG_0070.thumb.JPG.882e7e3e8d80123497864c6b404e6382.JPG

IMG_0080.thumb.JPG.02cb8e479bcd7e27b098ae8c48e3ebc0.JPG

IMG_0077.thumb.jpg.97e4a975a57ce7ea75b173b8cc60d20e.jpg

IMG_0082.thumb.JPG.37f75ca672be6582a1b432b7fb1c8d55.JPG

IMG_9914.thumb.JPG.5ee3398762687c2be4cb145635b20052.JPG

Lol I was also thinking about bringing some in but I'm too busy.

I would go for the Marshydro, have a lot of friends in the US rocking them even for flower and they kick ass. Seen lots of good pics.

The rep is a bit hard to get old of though, more of a Skype fan than emails lol

Don't know the other brands.

*edited* no advertising and please introduce yourself

Just a note for you guys who think the American led is better. All led is manufactured in China it's just rebranded or factory branded for the company ordering.

Spoke to sara from mars hydro, she said if i ordered 4 on the 400w mars 2 panels (2 per 120x70 tent) she’d give me the panels for 170$ a pop, and then shipping would cost 380$, but that is shipping that is 7 days :). So the total cost would be 1060$ for the 4 panels so about 3k per panel and its almost certainly gonna be better than the local stuff available :)

Guest Maxwell

You gotta pay for the panel and shipping right. Then the thing arrives and there is a problem? You gotta pay and mission to ship it back (Assuming they will take it back). I can replace my HID's in an hour. Capacitors, ignitors, bulbs, ballasts etc Can be easily troubleshooted and repaired yourself. JOMO:-peace

You gotta pay for the panel and shipping right. Then the thing arrives and there is a problem? You gotta pay and mission to ship it back (Assuming they will take it back). I can replace my HID's in an hour. Capacitors, ignitors, bulbs, ballasts etc Can be easily troubleshooted and repaired yourself. JOMO:-peace

I couldn't agree with you more , that much down time on a critical piece of equipment is scary.  My personal option is you will still get more yield of a digital hid , lot of hype around led panels . It's just there grow footprint is terrible.

2 x 1000w digital hid will kick 4 x 400w led panels ass , just my 2 cents

Cheers

Reaf

Guest Maxwell

2k on a 400w panel to replace 250 HID. In that tent you'll want two of those panels. Thats 4k on two lights for one space. If you blow that on lighting, it will be worth your while to ensure everything else is also top quality, or else you're just wasting your money. The best lighting won't give you results without everything else being on point.

I generally would say. Learn how to grow and get the yields you want with technology that works. Then play around with new tech.. You are only as good as your own skill level. Best equipment isn't going to make you grow massive amounts all of a sudden...

Wow. That seems excessive? Watch for the light burn, easy to do with LED. Or grow yourself "hash tips" :-hilarious

Why do you say it's excessive? The end goal is to be growing 6-8 plants in the tent. There is no heat from the lights on the plant because of the glass cover and two fans in each unit for cooling so how does light burn happen...still new to this so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks