Spider Mites

Toby

I was inspecting my one of my plants only discover these little fuckers. I have read pepper spray or neem oil are the best organic method to get rid of them. What is your guys best organic method to eradicate them?

IMG_20150310_173650.thumb.jpg.49f3b521d7d903d2c403254b725ea20d.jpg

Thanks guys, Ill check out Pyrol.

I have tried something I saw on youtube. Spraying the leaves with water and apply soap suds let its sit for 10mins and rinse. Repeat for a week. I see about 70% of them have been removed. Ill do it again today.

I moved that plant out into its own area as I don't want to effect the others.

If you're gonna go the pyrol route be sure to use less dosage than indicated on the bottle else your plants may burn from the canola oil in the pyrol, especially if your temps are on the hotter side. On the bottle they indicate 20 - 40ml per 1 litre of water. I mix 10ml per 1 litre to make sure the plants don't burn

I have found the best thing for Spider mites in Veg and early flower is Redspidercide. Its a foliar spray, that you spray every day for 5 days and then every other week as a preventative.

It worked for me and I've had very bad experiences with them damn fuckers :cursing :cursing

But I am still to find a good spider mite repellent/ killer for when in the flower stage. but obviously I would have to catch it in the early stages otherwise it pointless.

:-peace :-peace

• 1 year later...

Hey Sir Smokealot.

The trick with spider mites is to keep hitting them over and over again. Their eggs take 3 days to hatch and not long after that they are sexually mature and able to breed. A single mite under good conditions can lead to 1 million mites within a month, they are real little fucks!

When most guys spray they do it once off which kills the mites but not always all the eggs, 3 days later all their eggs hatch and then you go straight back to step 1. The bastards also build up a tolerance to what you use so it's always a good idea to hit them with a range of different things.

So basically hit them every 2-3 days for at least 4 cycles (12 Days) This will kill them off before they can hatch and lay more eggs. Also hit them with different things, Neem is cool but is more a preventative. Pyrol definitely works but as admin said above, start on low strength first as it burns your leaves and turns them to leather.

I recently got a new product from Jamie's Garden shop called Kingo, also totally organic. It's safe using it quite far into flower with no problems at all, doesn't leave any taste in the bud like neem will.

Currently I spray Neem and Kingbo in veg at least twice a week, alternating between the 2. 

In flower if I pick up problems I'll spray Kingbo every 3 days. (in very early flower I'll spray neem but not more than 3 weeks in)

I have used Pyrol but that was in a crisis where I needed to kill everything fast. I generally keep a handle on them so that I don't have to resort to that.

Late in flower I learnt a trick from GLO, take a sponge with warm water and actually wipe the leaves down. This is heavy time consuming and frustrating but it keeps them in check if you can do it at least once a week.

I used to freak out completely when I saw spider mites and I still hate the things but I have found that they can be managed if you regularly make an effort to keep making their lives as unpleasant as possible.

Thank you for the input @AJ will definitely follow your advice. April fool is looking much better after I sprayed every 3 days like u said. What did the kingbo cost at Jamies?

She's suffering from "wet feet" due to the recent rain that we had. I will bring her indoors next time when it rains.

IMG_20160430_101055.thumb.jpg.04591ba13e41256405ea8707eecf2d59.jpg

Awesome man, no problem. With a bit of luck you have flattened them for good. If its the red spider mites they are weaker than the 2 spotted kind so maybe the neem was enough to do the job.

The kingbo isn't the cheapest, think about R120 for 250ml if I can remember correctly but you only use 2ml per litre so it lasts forever.

All the best!