Hydroponic drug lab shut down in Boksburg - News24

420SA

Guest Maxwell

As much as we all hate the "laboratory" label, it isn't too far off is it? Controlled conditions for achieving whatever experiment/result (Dry bud in this case). I'm not denying the stigma attached nor media hyperbole, but a laboratory sounds kinda exactly what I want when growing....

As for the Tortoises, well we're already picking and choosing our laws (LAWS not rights/constitutional/moral etc.) so the relocation of the animals seems legit to me? 

Here's oxford's definition of Laboratory: "A room or building equipped for scientific experiments, research, or teaching, or for the manufacture of drugs or chemicals"

So in ways yes, in others no. When I think of a lab, I think of chemistry and various substances being conjured up. Perhaps that's television & Breaking Bad that has done that to me though...  :fish

Where plants are involved, the only time I say it can be referred to as a laboratory, it has to be at least a plant tissue culture environment, where absolute sterility is a necessity ( such as in a pathology lab ).

An indoor grow environment is hardly a sterile lab environment where anything is manufactured, since Cannabis is not manufactured but produced as all plant material is.

What's worse, is the constant connection they seem to be making with "hydroponics" and "laboratory" .  I have no idea on exact stats, but a large percentage of our perishable veg is produced in tunnels with hydroponics. These sectors of our farming aren't referred to as laboratories.  :sillyass